Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,495   Online: 875

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picke d my Kodachrome up on one of those 'wonder what that's like ?' moments. But it was a revalation after Fuji vision. I am currently compiling two photo projects. One of local views (urban and rural) to be taken over the next ten years as a historical record, the other of one particular scene on the first of every month in the year. I want a true record of how things look so the K64 is an ideal choice (plus it will keep for that time). I just hope it will be around at the end of the first project- along with yours truly :-)
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    K25 was my primary color film for decades. Not selling photography, I was only concerned with what pleased me. I tried K64, including the 120 version, but its higher contrast and different image structure wasn't as satisfying. Contacting Kodak's CEO failed to elicit K25 in 120. So I stayed with 35mm K25 until processing reliability dropped off.

Today an OM-1n + K25 + Kodak Carousel, though still in my possession and used to view the archive, have been replaced by a Bronica RF645 + Astia 100F + KR1.5 filter + Rollei 66P for travel and documenting life. Slightly larger, and a bit more work inserting the transparencies myself in Hama glassless mounts, but results are sufficiently satisfying. Fuji's latest generation Astia seems to have dark storage life roughly comparable to K25; it's far longer than my remaining actuarial life anyway. And Fuji transparencies' useful projection life has always been much greater than Kodachrome.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also found that shooting Astia in a larger format was what led me to let go of K25.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another agreement on Fuji Astia 100F. I was mostly a Kodak user, though rarely Kodachrome, until after the Fuji reps gave me some Astia 100F to try out. I was hooked from the first processed roll of 35mm, and now I use it in 35mm, 120, and 4x5 Quickloads. Probably the best people film colour pallette I have yet tried.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Large Format
    I still have rolls of Kodachrome 25 that has been in my frigerator for years.
    If I expose this film, could I still have it processed?
    Beer is God's way of telling us that he loves us and wants us to be happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrout1
    I still have rolls of Kodachrome 25 that has been in my frigerator for years.
    If I expose this film, could I still have it processed?
    Yep, no problem..
    Amund

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin