Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,913   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

fujifilm RA-4 Paper

i am expeirimenting with different kinds of paper, and i bought fujifilm Super Type C paper, for RA-4 diachroic enlarging. Usually, on the box, it tells you what the starting magenta, yellow, and cyan values should be, but it dosn't on this box, and i checked (in the darkroom) if there was a leaflet in the box, but there wasn't. Does anybody know what values i should use, or should i just learn the paper by trial and error? thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To the best of my knowledge, I have never seen starting point filtration values on Fuji’s RA-4 paper boxes. I’m sure you could get many different answers on this one based on your enlarger make, color temperature of your lamp, chemicals used, film type, paper batch, etc, etc.

That being said, I can give you the filtration values that I “typically” use on my Omega D6 with my last batch of Type C paper…

NPS160 – 15Y / 25M
    NPC160 – 33Y / 33M

I have some Fuji Pro160C rolls I have not printed yet, but my quicky contact prints are coming in at roughly 5Y/15M.

You will most likely find my values useless for your configuration, but it may yield a starting point. Whenever I try a new film or paper, I shoot a grey card. When printing, I have the grey card in front of me to compare and make adjustments. This method has worked well for me, you can easily tell when the cc values are off. BTW, never evaluate your color corrections when the print is wet. You will find it shifts from blue to red as it dries, not a huge amount but a noticeable amount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nlochner
    i am expeirimenting with different kinds of paper, and i bought fujifilm Super Type C paper, for RA-4 diachroic enlarging. Usually, on the box, it tells you what the starting magenta, yellow, and cyan values should be, but it dosn't on this box, and i checked (in the darkroom) if there was a leaflet in the box, but there wasn't. Does anybody know what values i should use, or should i just learn the paper by trial and error? thanks.
    I use Fuji paper but have only come across Fuji Crystal Archive MP( now no longer produced) and the new Fuji Crystal Archive. I have also used Kodak Supra Endura paper. In neither case have I ever seen any starting values of MYC on either the Kodak boxes or Fuji.

I am UK based and it appears that the experience of N Amercican users is somewhat different especially with Kodak paper as I have had several subscribers refer me to starting values on the box.

There is a website for Kodak paper which I think makes reference to starting values. For the former Fuji CA MP paper I used to use 35Y and 35M and the more recent Fuji CA seems to be about the same.

Fuji Super type C may be just a different name for the same paper but for a different market.

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin