Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,974   Online: 971

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

no problems

Hey, have you tried this color stuff out? It excites not only your rods, but your cones too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    I know, im not bashing color, i use velvia 100. he might like b&w and the ease of developing at home

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ampguy
    Hey, have you tried this color stuff out? It excites not only your rods, but your cones too!!
    I like slides!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be developing my own slides shortly enough.

Already doing so black and white, but I need to get some color chemistry eventually, since I rarely if ever drop anything off at the lab anymore.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    35mm
    A buck is a buck and I can appreciate your interest in saving money. However, since the cost of seveloping and printing is not usually tied to a particular film I would suggesst that you make a very good test to ascertain that you are getting a top quslity negative from this cheap film...mind you I am not claiming that you are not.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ampguy
    Not at the local places I normally get my film, they've all gone to fast speeds, but I might place an order online if I can find a deal on some bulk slow color neg. film. Will check out X-tra. Thanks.
    Freestyle currently has expired bulk Fuji 100 film for $9.99. I don't know how long-expired it is, though. They've also got their ISO 100 house brand color film (which is really Ferrania) for $33.99 per bulk roll. Most other bulk color print film I've seen is for ISO 160 and 400 portrait film.

B&H has good prices on color film from Fuji and others. Much of their best-priced films are "gray market" -- sold for non-US markets, but imported through unofficial but legal channels. One drawback to ordering from them is that you'll need to order a fair number of rolls to make the shipping reasonable on a per-roll basis. Of course, if you're looking into bulk film, that shouldn't be a problem.

Another option is to look into house-brand films. Walgreens used to sell Agfa film, but they've switched suppliers to a Japanese company (I've seen claims it's Fuji, but I've not attempted to verify this). K-Mart used to use 3M/Ferrania, but I've not bought any in years. I'm not sure what other stores you've got locally; a lot of drug store and supermarket chains are regional, and would be different for you in California than for me in Rhode Island.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your local Wal*Mart should sell Fuji 100 film (although mine doesn't and I have to drive to Pittsfield to get it)

Still, the 100, 200 and 400 flavors are all good films. I actually prefer it to Kodak Max.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694
    Another option is to look into house-brand films. Walgreens used to sell Agfa film, but they've switched suppliers to a Japanese company (I've seen claims it's Fuji, but I've not attempted to verify this). K-Mart used to use 3M/Ferrania, but I've not bought any in years. I'm not sure what other stores you've got locally; a lot of drug store and supermarket chains are regional, and would be different for you in California than for me in Rhode Island.
    My 'local' K-Mart doesn't even have a house brand; they just sell Kodak. BUt house brand can be fine. My brother gave me some Brooks 200 speed film that he found and I used it and got some pretty nice results from it.

Also, if you have a Dollar Tree, check to see if they have Konica Minolta 200 film. If so, stock up! It's a great budget film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by battra92
    My brother gave me some Brooks 200 speed film that he found and I used it and got some pretty nice results from it.

Also, if you have a Dollar Tree, check to see if they have Konica Minolta 200 film. If so, stock up! It's a great budget film.
    Brooks film is Konica-Minolta. Sadly, Konica-Minolta has announced its departure from the film business. It's still available at the moment, though; IIRC, they're planning to stop shipping it around the end of the year.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Fuji Superia 100 or 200 is a nice film, probably more saturated colours than the Kodak 100, which is also a nice film, and I think under-rated. Either film will give very good results (with good developing & printing). You might want to try both and see which you prefer.

If cost is the issue you might be able to find some very cheap Konica-Minolta film while it's still around.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Kodak Gold 200 and processing/CD's from the Big-Marts better than the Fuji offerings. The Gold is a bit more subdued than the Fuji IMO. Recent shot shows the colors aren't too bad, not like Kodachrome though.
    Last edited by Iskra 2; 09-28-2006 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin