Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,131   Online: 908

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

budget ISO100 color neg films - kodak 100 vs fuji 200

I need some budget low speed color neg. film and where I live, the Fuji 200 actually costs less than the Kodak/China 100 film in the local marts (target, longs, walgreens).

Basically Fuji 200 is about $6 or so in 4 packs (can be less with coupons), and the Kodak 100 is about $8 per 4 pack.

Since color film has quite a bit of latitude, I'm wondering if I can just overexpose the 200 a step, and use the cheaper Fuji 200, unless there are benefits with the kodak 100, like say much reduced grain, or ability to overexpose it (set at ISO50...) ??

I should add that I don't do my own processing, I have the drugstores develop and put on photoCD's, I'll then print 4x6's either at home, or at the store as needed, but keep the negatives for high-res scanning, someday...

Any thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    * Double Post.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you get Fuji Reala 100 cheap? or Maybe even Superia 100.

I've always found Fuji X-tra to be real nice for cheap film.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot Fuji ISO 200 all the time, shoot it straight up and I think you will be happy with the results, no need to over or under expose it, 1 stop is not really going to make much difference in the final product with the lattitude the print films has now adays.

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Start doing your own processing! get hp5 for 6$ cnd a roll and dev for a dollar
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HP5 is B&W Marko, the question was about color film, which believe it or not many of use still shoot.

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    HP5 is B&W Marko, the question was about color film, which believe it or not many of use still shoot.

R.
    I know, im not bashing color, i use velvia 100. he might like b&w and the ease of developing at home
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks

Those are my inititial thoughts, just wanted to check here.

BTW -- I have done B&W and slides in the past ('70s on), but don't have a darkroom right now, and have a need for color negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    I shoot Fuji ISO 200 all the time, shoot it straight up and I think you will be happy with the results, no need to over or under expose it, 1 stop is not really going to make much difference in the final product with the lattitude the print films has now adays.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    I know, im not bashing color, i use velvia 100. he might like b&w and the ease of developing at home
    That may very well be, but I am sure if he wanted to know about B&W I am sure he would not addressed his post with the title of

"Budget ISO 100 Color Neg Film" that seems pretty clear cut and straight forward to me...

And color is not any more difficult than B&W if you know and understand temp control

R.

Shooter
    35mm

hi

Not at the local places I normally get my film, they've all gone to fast speeds, but I might place an order online if I can find a deal on some bulk slow color neg. film. Will check out X-tra. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kb244
    Can you get Fuji Reala 100 cheap? or Maybe even Superia 100.

I've always found Fuji X-tra to be real nice for cheap film.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin