Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,304   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684
    the gravestones were reflecting more IR light then you thought then.
    I think so, I'm guessing it was the moss/lichen that was doing it. I think they are salvageable (definitely if I use the D-word), waiting to see how the scans turn out. I could've scanned them myself but a friend of mine is running the whole uncut strip for me for the cost of the blank CDs. Means I won't get them back until Monday but the time savings should be worth it.

Fortunately the 2nd part of the roll has some cool stuff on it that I'm really happy with so I don't consider the roll to be a waste at all. I tend to shoot more industrial abstracts and with some of those shots I got really eerie almost monochromatic shots. Plus I came across a 55 Buick parked down by the waterfront and it came out really neat. It was a two-tone light blue and white, the white stayed the same but the blue shifted to a pink that almost looks like a 50's car colour anyway, the chrome went cooler but still has a really nice metallic quality to it. It almost looks like a normal pink and white 55 Buick except that the blue asphalt and pink foliage in the background give it away, more subtle though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, here's an example of one of the really magenta shots. I think it is just the amount of IR being reflected but I'm still curious if different filtration would affect this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36130005.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the sequence of shots of the '55 Buick I mentioned, I'm really happy with the way these turned out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36130031.jpg   36130032.jpg   36130033.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more shot that I'm pretty happy with even though it's not the characteristic effect from EIR, I really like the coolness of this image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36130028.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those colors look a lot like those of the rolls I processed in the unicolor kit. The reds should be darker, almost blood red for some plants and the color of the ground and rocks should be more neutral. I'd say you do have a bit of a problem with the processing, exactly what I can't say.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal
    Okay, here's an example of one of the really magenta shots. I think it is just the amount of IR being reflected but I'm still curious if different filtration would affect this.
    Given the subject matter, I think it looks just fine, i.e. it's not overly magenta. All a different filter will do is make it look a different color. A polarizer may have helped a little (I'm not sure as I've never really tried one with this film) or else maybe try the shot again when it's overcast. The moss on the stone isn't helping you to get that cool blue you are looking for. Yes, there is a lot of IR being reflected by the grass and the moss in this shot.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the advice, I think it was the conditions. I picked a really hot bright sunny day thinking that would help get the IR effect but maybe I overdid it. Obviously the photo of the grate is so blue because there's nothing really reflecting IR in that shot, but I like the effect.

So if I were to shoot it in less sunny conditions, I should expect a bit more of a red in the foliage?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From a book titled, "The Art of Color Infrared Photography" by Steven H. Begleiter, he implies that when shooting in open shade/overcast skies, you will see a reduction in contrast and an increase in cyan throughout the scene. He then goes on to say that because of limited exposure latitude, your images will appear to have more color saturation, especially in the highlights.

I have never really shot EIR in overcast skies, except in winter when there was snow on the ground (pretty cool too!). I should thaw out a roll and give it a whirl.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin