Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,501   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sensia used to be, and probably still is, the consumer version of Astia. It is a great all around slide film. Perfect if you have people in your shots. Provia or Velvia are better choices for nature and landscapes in my opinion, but Sensia is a great film. I used to shoot a lot of it when I still used 35mm for most shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sensia is a good film, but not very saturated, its color bias is more neutral than both provia and velvia, if you want to shoot sensia and have warmer sunsets you might try and 81a or 81b filter, that will warm it a bit.....

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the past when I saw speculations over which pro film Sensia was closest to one of the more convincing arguments was to look at the film code, Sensia 100 is RA, Astia 100F is RAP100F, sounds like it's the consumer version of Astia and that it may not have the fine grain of the 100F (not sure about that).

I seem to recall that the older Sensia II was based off of Provia. I'd have to go back and look at the slides I have on that film to check for sure.

Regardless, I can definitely say that Sensia is nowhere near the saturation you'll get with Velvia. Having shot Velvia 50, Provia, Sensia II and Sensia I'd say that it's more muted than Provia, probably like Astia but as I haven't shot it I can't say for certain.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    I would say that EK or Fuji products are quite good, but outside of that for color products you are taking a gamble.
    Are there any other options in color slide film any more? Agfa used to make slide film, of course, but supplies seem to have dried up -- neither B&H nor Freestyle shows Agfa color slide film as being available any more, although B&H has Agfa Scala B&W slide film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A year or so back freestyle had bulk rolls of velvia for something like $20. Might be worth checking from time to time.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a boatload of expired Sensia 100 that I bought on feebay for around $1.25 a roll. It was labeled as "Photo Porst 100" for a German retailer. The seller stated that it was always kept refrigerated and I've never had any trouble with it. The best color saturation with Sensia 100 (with my equipment) is achieved by underexposing it about half a stop. I shoot it at 160. I use that film for all of my "snapshot" type slides, all of my "serious" stuff goes on Velvia or Provia. Actually most of the stuff I shoot anymore goes on Ilford films, but I still do a little color now and then.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Watch Ebay. A few years back I got 100' of fresh Velvia for something like $5. Boxes of Kodak 4x5 for not much money. I bought a Kiev body for $50 and the guy threw in 30 rolls of just out of code film. Can you count on just bidding and winning when you need film? No. But you watch and waste some time bidding. Just remember to bid low and factor in shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I can tell only Fuji and Kodak market slide film in North America. There may be Chinese or Russian slide film available as well in some parts of the world. So the only cheap slide film on the market may be lots expired film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker
    Sensia is a good film, but not very saturated, its color bias is more neutral than both provia and velvia, if you want to shoot sensia and have warmer sunsets you might try and 81a or 81b filter, that will warm it a bit.....

Dave
    Yes! I just bought a tiffen 81b from the 70s. the outlet store bought another photo store and i selling filters for cheap! i got a hoya uv0 for 5 dollars CND
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's wrong with Kodachrome? The processing delay is the only downside and the results are more than worth it. Can't be that hard to get stuff back and forth from Canada to Dwayne's and his film prices are very competitive. As noted earlier, you get what you pay for. Regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin