Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,475   Posts: 1,570,989   Online: 848

Shooter
    35mm RF

4x5 Polaroid with 'oldest' Look

Aloha all, just got a Polaroid back for the 4x5 and I'm looking for a Polaroid color film type that has an 'older' look. I'm still trying to figure out the whole Polaroid numbering vs how it actually Looks. Which emulsion has been around the longest? Kinda of like how EPR is still around vs the new E100vs, I'm looking for a PKR or EPR look in the Polaroid 4x5 version. Many thanks to any and all Ideas, Aloha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The sepia toned Polaroid has the oldest look. I think it is type 56. It looks straight out of the 1800s.

The oldest look, I think, are the high-speed B&W that require coating. Classic. Go to www.polaroid.com to see the specs.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great! I have some of that but am looking for a Color film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the colour films, the type 669 for the Polaroid 405 back is the oldest. Basically more medium contrast with less saturated colours.Actually sort of close to reality. This is type 59 for the 545 backs and type 809 for the 8x10 holder (if you ever move up to that size).

Ciao!

Gordon Moat

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks! Thats what I've been looking for. Then newer 'vibrant' emulsions don't really interest me right now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin