Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,245   Online: 740

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    If you keep it frozen it should be fine. Kodachrome that is warm stored or a fair bit past its expiry date (say 5 years) goes magenta and quite a noticable loss of D Max. You won't be able to get blacks anymore. If it's been frozen and has an 05 date you should be fine.
    Even if it is frozen? While most of my KM-25 is 2002 or later, I have some 25 from 96, I hope it is not magenta and D-Max-less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25
    Hmmm....Not what I read:

"Protection from gamma rays can be obtained using a sheet of iron that is a 1/2 inch thick. This kind of shielding will block only 50% of 1 million electron volts of gamma rays. We can also protect ourselves from gamma rays with 4 inches of water. Lead provides the most protection from gamma rays. A 1/4 of an inch lead absorbs all the gamma ray exposure."

http://www.stmary.ws/physics/gamm_1.htm

They are 24 exposure rolls, but that is still a really good price.

As this project might be done in 3 years or less, depending on when Kodak discontiues KR, I might be OK anyway......?
    PKM,

Hmm, had not read that particular page before, anyway, if your freezing it and plan on your project being done in about three years, I can't imagine you would have any problems with the film.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm....Not what I read:

"Protection from gamma rays can be obtained using a sheet of iron that is a 1/2 inch thick. This kind of shielding will block only 50% of 1 million electron volts of gamma rays. We can also protect ourselves from gamma rays with 4 inches of water. Lead provides the most protection from gamma rays. A 1/4 of an inch lead absorbs all the gamma ray exposure."

http://www.stmary.ws/physics/gamm_1.htm

snip
    I stand corrected. This source from Wikipedia indicates that 1 cm (.4 inches) of lead reduces the intensity of Gamma Rays by 50%:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_ray

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 07-26-2006 at 06:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I get this stuff, it is going to weigh close to 60 lbs shipped. What are the risks of it taking 3-4 days to travel from the East Coast? Fed-X two day or faster would cost a bloody fortune.

I might have to secure the purchase and wait until it is coooler in the Fall to have him ship it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even if it is frozen? While most of my KM-25 is 2002 or later, I have some 25 from 96, I hope it is not magenta and D-Max-less.
    This is some PKM from 2000, although warm stored (20 C) from 2001 to 2005 when I shot and processed it. It had gotten lost in a desk drawer and then I found it and shot it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K25.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    This is some PKM from 2000, although warm stored (20 C) from 2001 to 2005 when I shot and processed it. It had gotten lost in a desk drawer and then I found it and shot it.
    Ouch! That is really bad. Like I said, all my stuff is and has been frozen. The 96 might be the clincher.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holy cr@p!

I just got a donation of 70 rolls of KM-25!!!

This is going really, really well.

Images
    I sold my last brick of PKM last year in anticipation that processing would be be discontinued very soon. Also, the quality of the processing ain't what she used to be. I hate to say it, but I'd pass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    I sold my last brick of PKM last year in anticipation that processing would be be discontinued very soon. Also, the quality of the processing ain't what she used to be. I hate to say it, but I'd pass.
    Any indications on when you think Dwaynes might be stopping it? I am looking at giving them about $6,000 in grant money to secure the chemistry.

Also, did Dwaynes do the processing for you?

This project is the most important one I will ever do. It has to do the film justice, once it is gone, it is literally history.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    My photo store doesnt store kodacrome in the fridge ...
    At least you can buy it locally. I don't think there's any over-the-counter Kodachrome within a 500 mile radius of me. I have to order from B&H or Adorama.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin