Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,526   Posts: 1,598,354   Online: 1163

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Battra, it would help if you tell us where you are, as different films are sold into different markets. Most of the ones here in Australia seem to be made in Japan, and I always assumed they were Fuji, but I guess some of them could also be Konica.
    I'm in Massachusetts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought some 100 ISO SOLO Dynamic Color Film at Yankee One Dollar today. It says at the bottom, "Film Made in Germany" and Distributed by Solo International Corporation and it expired in January of 2006.

What's funny is the film canister has Japanese writing on it. Oddity but hey, for a buck I can't go wrong, I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks
    I am almost sure that your remarks concerning Kodak are no longer true.
    Are there any store brands that you suspect might be made by Kodak? I am unaware that Kodak has ever changed its policy.

Enjoyed your website!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Gerald,

Thanks for the kind words about www.rogerandfrances.com.

No, I have no ideas about whom Kodak may supply. Film is more the area of expertise of my wife Frances Schultz and she doesn't know either. It's just that both of us recall being surprised recently (<3 years?) by Kodak's somewhat quiet observation that this was now the case. It may of course be that no-one bought Kodak own-brand films, though I'd be surprised if that were so.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Dollar General (I hate that place... yuch) has Ferriana.

Shooter
    35mm
    update:

Brooks now carries fuji film. After buying eckerd they've switched from "brooks film"
    to "brooks living color film" ala "eckerd living color" which is fuji.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Kodak will never market film under any brand name other than its own. It's against company policy. Agfa and Konica-Minolta are out of the film business. I suspect that Ferrania is also. So there are three maybe four manufacturers that can be removed from any list.
    Kodak appear to make the private brand film for the German drugstore chain "dm".

I have not heard that Ferrania went out of the film business.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our Walmart here used to have a film called "Rave" which was made by Konica. Its long gone now. They brought in Polaroid film as its replacement and it was made by Agfa. It too has now been pulled and Fuji and Kodak are all they have now. Blacks cameras had their own film made by Fuji. The other poster is correct Superstore uses Fuji for its films. All these places are in western Canada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin