Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,995   Online: 801

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684
    which is why i LOVE fuji equipment. Both the SFA and the Frontier that I've worked on have been set up specifically to not allow printing if the balances aren't done!
    The Lab uses a Noritsu I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK - got my reprints from the alternative lab and there is a distinct difference.

I had a set of 7X5's from 35mm and a set of 8X8's from the Hasselblad reprinted.

The prints from my regular lab, side by side, appear far too contrasty and loose a lot of detail into the shadows - infact they are generally too dark.

The prints from the Hasselblad seem to display the same characteristics, apart from the new prints are MUCH sharper and show considerably more detail.

So I'm going to ask them to reprint a lot of them today.

Anyone got any hints and tips - I dont want to fall out with them (which wont happen I'm sure becuase I get on with them well)

Thanks, Matt.
    Last edited by Matt5791; 09-14-2006 at 03:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It would be interesting to know if the labs you have used are printing them on a digital lab or analogue.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin