Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    me too joe -

i find photography like this to be more than interesting.
    if this was framed at walmart or bed bath and beyond i'd buy it in a heartbeat, only way i'd be able to afford something like this ...

-john

Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
    If I could afford these guys, I'd buy the sofa to match the print...

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    While there may be no accounting for taste, (mine in this case ) I just don't find that image particularly inspiring.
    I was certainly not questioning your taste Bob! Only pointing out that Christenberry is well respected amongst many photographers, artists and collectors. My link was pointing out that, although some may not know of his work or particularly enjoy what he does, the listing in eBay was no joke.

It is strange coincidence that while reading this thread last night, I was also watching in the background a DVD of "Walker Evans: America". Right after I posted the "no joke" link, who shows up on my TV being interviewed about Evans but Christenberry himself.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They say to collect what you like, therefore I will NOT be purchasing this print or anything remotely like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Apparently the photographs
    "...often making the space as or more important than the building. He uses rich and intense colour.

(My emphasis)

Don't see that here. Still if we all liked the same stuff it would be a boring world.
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin