Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,884   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Douglas,

I wondered about that. Does the paper kind of give a 3d dimension type look?
    I like the look of some Ilfochromes, never tried it myself. I heard the chemistry was kind of nasty.

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Jamie,
    Yes it does definitely gives a feeling of a 3D feel to it or maybe kinda like looking at the ground glass on a MF or LF camera.
    I always watch *bay for any extra boxes that might come up since it is kinda hard to find it anymore.
    Do you do your own color proccessing? If so I would be happy to post you a few 8x10 sheets to try for yourself, if not I can send you a print so you can get a feel of what it looks like, your choice.
    Feel free to contact me on or offline with your decision.

Doug W.
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer Doug! I recently got a great deal on a roller transport processor. Can do up to 20x24 prints dry to dry in my Mohr processor. A very well engneered unit with parts still available. Has its own rolling stand and uses only 4 liters of chemistry. I have been doing RA4 in it and B&W as well.I ordered some of that paper off Freestyle Sunday, they had it in 11x14, should get it by Monday. Will let you know what I think sometime next week when I get to print again. I like to run the processor an entire day when printing, I get more use out of chemicals this way. The Kodak RT RA4 chemistry is excellent! I have been printing on the same 4 liters and bleach fix for over a month. I always drain processor and seal chemistry in air tight bottles.

Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OOOOOW, roller transport, now I am jealous! I have been wanting to buy one but sometimes it is really hard to explain to the wife what the heck came in "THAT" crate!
    I am still using a Jobo drum proccesor, one of the bigs ones, forget which model but i can do up to 20X24 also. I is real nice but just not as automated as i would like sometimes.
    Keep me posted on the paper try out.

Doug
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doug,

Just got my endura metallic paper from Freestyle today. The box says it has N surface. I thought they only made this in F surface? Even on the freestyle website they said they only had F surface. Did I get a one of a kind box? Very Strange!

Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Jamie,
    That's really weird?? as far as I know there is only one finish - glossy - I checked all 5 of my boxes and the Kodak site and all I can find is glossy with no finish letters(n or F).
    Are you sure they sent you the real deal? It has the big silver label on the edge saying Metallic right?
    You will know the second you touch and feel the paper because it has a real different feel and texture to it.
    Keep me posted I will be curious to know what happened??
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Doug,

I been printing with this stuff for a few hours now. Even though the box clearly says Kodak Metallic Paper N Surface, it appears to be glossy surface. You are right, a very different feel for sure. So far I really like it, trying a few different views of flower close ups. If I get a chance will take fast digi picture of box to show you.

Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've used it on the recommendation of fellow APUGger Graeme Hird. It still looks great under glass, and definitely has something of a 3-dimensional glow about it, and has very close resemblance to Ilfochrome (which I also use).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22 View Post
    Douglas,

How does it look under glass when framed? Do you lose any of the metallic look?

Jamie
    Depending upon the shot it loses some of its richness under glass. This paper is great for some things (B&w images being one) and a waste for others.

Shooter
    35mm
    "N" surface kinda makes sense: N (smooth, semi-matt) surfaces seems to be a catch all for anyhting not high gloss. My MPIX metalic prints definitly are smooth but aren't something like RC gloss paper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin