Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,123   Online: 910

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well,

I have most of a box of (expired) Portra 100T in 4x5 that I probably won't use should anyone start getting nervous.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever
    I hope this shuts up the a-holes that insist that Kodak is getting out of the film business. Portra is, in my mind, the premiere color negative line out there. It is tops for skintones. Fuji makes great film, don't get me wrong, but for the caucasian skin tones I tend to shoot in weddings, the Kodak product gives me more pleasing results. It's going to be great having 1/2 of the grain now that they have incorporated their double electron sensitization into the process. Kodak's twisted thinking is that the 160NC they have out now is probably finer-grained than the original 100T, so they axed 100T. That sort of reasoning is kinda silly, like when they got rid of their 800 speed movie stock because the old version was grainier than their new 500 speed pushed 1 stop, but so is their philosophy to not tell you that something has been discontinued until they've almost run out of it. For all we know they could have stopped making Kodachrome a year ago, and they'll only tell us when they have almost none left.

Regards,

~Karl Borowski
    You mean like Kodak's CEO. I don't suppose even the gloom and doom a-holes had any basis for such assertions until Kodak gave them the ammunition. It's called giving the faithful despair and the sceptical sustenance.

No way to run a business. The statement about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin