Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 707

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I agree with most of the posts specifically srs5694.

Buy some lee colour viewing filters, Learn the colour theory, a chart of how the colours mix is on the back of the lee filter kits.

Once you are comfortable you will know which images you really like.
    I would then try the Fuji Crystal Archive FLEX material for portfolio or exhibition purposes. This paper is really expensive compared to the others , but the paper really rocks. It mimics cibachrome with gloss and does have a different colour pallette than ciba but it is the paper of choice for us when we print exhibitions next to cibachrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    I would then try the Fuji Crystal Archive FLEX material for portfolio or exhibition purposes. .
    Bob, do you know of a source for this material for us home darkroom types? I cannot find anyone who actually stocks it (in USA) and nobody seems to be able to get it. Calumet says they will order it, but it never seems to arrive.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I didn't know that flex is not available in cut sheet. It was a short while ago, John Callow uses it exclusively, I buy it in 30inch x200ft rolls for our purposes.
    I will ask my Fuji Rep about this and try to report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    Bob, do you know of a source for this material for us home darkroom types? I cannot find anyone who actually stocks it (in USA) and nobody seems to be able to get it. Calumet says they will order it, but it never seems to arrive.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Bob.

B&H does not list the flex material at all; neither does Freestyle or Adorama. Calumet lists 8x10, 11x14 and 20x24, but never actually has any.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If I can purchase this material from Fuji on our account , I will order you some paper. I will not ship, but it may be worth a drive up the 401 to visit Toronto and pick up the paper some weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    Thanks, Bob.

B&H does not list the flex material at all; neither does Freestyle or Adorama. Calumet lists 8x10, 11x14 and 20x24, but never actually has any.

Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    While in my experience, prints from either Kodak Supra Endura and Fuji C.A. do look much the same, they are not the same when it comes to filter settings. So as others have said stick to one or the other until you are satisfied with your results. If you do change for reasons of getting the cheapest on offer then be aware that it's back to square one to get the filtration right.

Of course if you use a colour analyser then once you have both(or more) types of paper calibrated for filtration then you can simply change the calibration o your analyser to suit your paper.

Best of luck. I wish there had been classes available here in the U.K within travelling distance of my location when I started.

pentaxuser

Wait until the first class. You may be required to use specific type.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    If I can purchase this material from Fuji on our account , I will order you some paper. I will not ship, but it may be worth a drive up the 401 to visit Toronto and pick up the paper some weekend.

PM sent, thanks.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Supra Endura paper also. I for now using a film scanner to determine color balance and exposure. It works quite well.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    PM sent, thanks.
    Bob
    Just spoke with my Fuji Rep, Flex demand in cut sheet in Canada is very minimal. It is sold in rolls which I can get at any time. The smallest roll is 20inch. If you are into it you could cut down from the roll, I now think this is how John Callow does it. Our needs for cut sheet is minimal to nonexistant, and I imagine a significant order would be required for Fuji to cut it for you. I would continue to pester some of the major resellers, J&C, Calumet, B&H and on to see who could pull this together.
    Cutting in the dark is easy , maybe not as economical, but if you are using 16x20 as your platform, the roll is 20inch, all you need to do is cut your tests off the roll and then pull 17-19inches for your finals.
    I have been doing this since 1980 off 50inch rolls of colour and black and white with no problem.
    Getting 8x10 to size would be more problematic but not impossible.

Guidelines for pricing of such a roll

30inch X 200ft fujiflex approx 900cnd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin