Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,231   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might also be that this film is B/w neg and the name is misleading. Somehow, someone needs to find out what this film is and the process it was built to use.

Where is Edz? He seemed to be an authority on all things agfa.

Regardless a snip test and d76 would probably tell a lot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Since it sounds like you'll have a hard time getting this film processed as its creators intended, let me throw in a suggestion for something wild to try: NCF-41. This is a divided developer for C-41 negative films that works at 75F, so unlike most modern color developers, it won't ruin the emulsion by temperature alone. At best, you'll be able to use the film for cross-processing purposes, getting negatives with weird colors from the film. At worst, it'll ruin the film and you'll be out $1 for the roll plus whatever you spend on the chemistry. (You could use the rest of the NCF-41 to process C-41 film, but I wouldn't recommend using it for critical rolls, since my personal experience is that it produces variable results.)

NCF-41 is a mix-it-yourself formula, so you'll need to buy a stock of raw chemicals, if you don't have them already. The formula was posted in the "articles" section of the old APUG, but I gather that section hasn't been transferred yet. Send me a PM if you want the formula.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242 View Post
    True, but you could always hand-process it at a lower temperature
    The C41 developer probably won't work at 68 degrees due to chemical activity problems. I have tried it and it loses a lot of activity.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to everyone for your time and such detailed and useful informations.
    Snjesko.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242 View Post
    True, but you could always hand-process it at a lower temperature
    Unfortunately, it isn't just the temperature. The older films needed benzyl alcohol in the color developer to release the couplers. The newer films used a different coupler system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6x6x9 View Post
    Dear APUG members,
    Since I'm new in photography, recently I've faced one serious problem; two weeks ago, at the local flea market, I've bought 20 diapositive films for 1$. It expired in 1989. It's written "efke arschrome 100" on it, without any process informations nor suggestions. Immediately, I loaded my camera with that particular film, and after finishing it, brought it to the photo store to develop it. Next day they told me that they are not able to develop it because it needs different process, not standard E6. A guy who has been working for them in 1980's told me that arschrome was lounched on the market just before "Univerzijada '87" (student olimpic games in Zagreb 1987) and it was some kind of efke's market strategy. He couldn't recall which process was used to develop that film.

So, is there any known process for "efke arschrome 100"?
    Beside that, I have one roll of Kodak Ectachrome (120 format). Could I face the same problem with Kodak?
    Thank you for your time and advices.
    PS: sorry for the confusion, I know I'm not accurate when I'm write in english
    Since you're in Zagreb, why not take it to Fotokemika and ask? There may be someone around who could give you a more definitive answer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm not sure that we can find someone in Fotokemika who might know something about old processes, but I'm sure we can find someone (retired from Fotokemika) at saturdays photo-flea-market
    (btw, Fotokemika is now located in Samobor, near Zagreb)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin