Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,330   Online: 723

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Kodachrome Processing from UK

Hi All,

I am presuming that plans went ahead and the last Lausanne K-14 processing facility stopped in late September (25th?) I shall shortly be sending off a roll of K64 to see how feasible it is to use the film given the new extended processing timescale.
    Has anyone beaten me to it (expect so!) and already has a film in the post? If so, perhaps they'd be kind enough to let us all know the turnaround time we can expect if we are to continue to use K64 ...... oh - and K200 if anyone uses it ;-))

Best wishes,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I`ve heard they`re still running K-14 in Lausanne, new closing date is supposed to be December 1st.....
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was an article in the 'papers a day or two back about the demise of Super8 kodachrome processing at Lausanne, but no mention of 35mm.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my first (and now last) reel of Super8 Kodachrome back in the post.
    I suspect it got there on the 25th or just before. Now I need a projector.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On Friday, Sept. 22nd, I sent 3 Kodachrome 40 Super-8 cassettes, and 1 Kodachrome 64 135-film to the Lausanne lab.

On Monday, October 2nd, I found 2 of the 3 Super-8 films on my doormat, stamped "Lausanne". I am still waiting for the 3rd Super8-film, and the 135-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doitashimashite View Post
    On Friday, Sept. 22nd, I sent 3 Kodachrome 40 Super-8 cassettes, and 1 Kodachrome 64 135-film to the Lausanne lab.

On Monday, October 2nd, I found 2 of the 3 Super-8 films on my doormat, stamped "Lausanne". I am still waiting for the 3rd Super8-film, and the 135-film.
    UPDATE:

The slides came in yesterday.
    Still waiting for the third Super-8 though.
    Future, present, past. Life, decay, death, birth. I try to catch a glimpse of history as it unfolds before my eyes, and to pass that on to future generations. I am a witness of my time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello everyone,

I posted a Kodachrome 64 slide film on September 19th or 20th, before the deadline, and I received the developped slides on Monday, October 9th, from Lausanne, apparently.

Slides are mounted using the "new" cardboard (plastified in someway) caches. Unfortunately, there is a "Kodak warning" message included with the slides, stating that the film was arrived damaged to laboratory (torn perforations). It is rather curious, since I exposed this film with my very reliable workhorse, a Nikon F401s, which never damaged a film...

But the most of photos are safe, so it's not so important.

Regards,

Raphael
    Last edited by Raphael; 10-11-2006 at 04:03 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Mistakes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, here in Toronto Canada, Henry's is the only store that sells Kodachrome, I drop it off at the store and wait 3 weeks for processing (it gets sent to Dwanes).

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin