Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,883   Online: 957

Shooter
    Multi Format

aging characteristics of RVP (Velvia 50)

I was visiting a photographer this past weekend, and the conversation turned to transparencies, I had mentioned that I was hoping to do some cross processing this fall, and if he know of any expired E6 film, I'd be interested. Lo and behold he goes downstairs and hands me 6 boxes of RVp in quickloads. Two problems, I dont' have a back (though I need to get a 545 anyway...) and the exp date is a little out there, like 11-94 out there.

what are the aging characteristics of this film? I'd like to know that it's at least still light sensitive and workable (color accuracy is not a concern, as I'm cross processing anyway)

Any ideas before I go bumming a couple of gallons of c41 chemicals from my friend that has a minilab?

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hehe...those are going to produce some WICKED colors, especially cross processed. You should be pleased.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    you should expect a noticeable red/magenta cast (normally processed). I too have a few 120 RVPs left (exp. date 97, kept frozen) and I use them only to shoot sunsets with a telephoto lens, as color fidelity is not important.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin