Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,441   Online: 1113

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Optima 100 120 Agfacolor

I have bought three roles of this film in 120 format to try out, because it is cheaper than kodak portra, and besides that, i dont prefer kodak colour films.

*although, i do like kodak gold, wich is no longer being made*

So before i shoot, is there any info anybody could relay to me about this agfa film?

I appreciate it,

nlochner
    Last edited by nlochner; 10-05-2006 at 05:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Where is the art in digital photography?..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What don't you like about the Kodak films, and which Kodak films are you referring to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Agfa Optima 100 in 120 format, in fact I have one roll left out of 30 I purchased for $1.00 each when Agfa went down the gurgler.

It's a natural colour film, not enhanced colours, so you should be able to get extremely accurate colour rendition, especially if you do your own printing.

Vey smooth film.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, i knew that me saying i didnt like kodak films was bad as soon as it was written, so now i have edited it. What i realy ment is that i prefer fujifilms over kodak films, (colour), and i ment no offense to kodak.

sorry,

nlochner
    Where is the art in digital photography?..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's my favorite colour negative film. I have about 15 rolls in the freezer. I'd agree about the natural colour rendition it offers.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great reds, nice and evenly natural palette in general, great in 120.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used ALL the Agfacolors, 100, 125, 160, 200, 400 - and love them all.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree with Ed Sukach. Agfa never made a bad color film. The colors can be as saturated as you like (if you play with them in PS), otherwise they're extremely accurate.

I've shot the 50, 100, 125, 160, 200, 400, 1000. All great in their own way.

In fact, in '98 or so, when shooting recovered Titanic artifacts, I chose the 160 Portrait for the shots. The colors were soft & accurate, but even with certain objects (like an indicator from a boiler) the color was a tad more saturated, but that was fine.

Since Agfa's demise, I've had to go with Kodak 100UC and 400UC. They're the closest to Agfa that I can find (and I've used all the Fuji color films out there, but I just don't like them).

Rolleijoe

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Anybody want any Agfa Optima 100 120? I've got lots of it, dated 08/2007. RSX II 50 and 200 slide film is also available...
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used Optima only once at Longleat Safari Park. I had forgotten to take extra Fuji and it was all Longleat sold. The difference between it and Fuji was very obvious.

It was everything that others have said. Natural colours. Natural palette. It suited the animal shots very well.

The key test for you is: If you find that you prefer your colour control on your TV to be set lower than most and are not a technicolor fan as it used to be in the old cinema westerns, I think you'll like Agfa.

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin