Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,127   Online: 1166

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Flexicolor RA Bleach "NR" anyone ?

Hi,
    Does anyone use Flexicolor RA Bleach "NR" with small tank ?
    Kodak Z-131-03 doesn't seem to clearly tell its capacity or replenish rate.

What's the difference between C-41 and C-41RA in the first place ?

Sorry for a silly question.
    Thanks in advance.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone use Flexicolor RA Bleach "NR" with small tank ?
    Kodak Z-131-03 doesn't seem to clearly tell its capacity or replenish rate.

What's the difference between C-41 and C-41RA in the first place ?

Sorry for a silly question.
    Thanks in advance.

There is a new Bleach III RA and a new C41RA fixer. The bleach is more active than the old one and uses a new complexing agent rather than EDTA. It is also more ecologically friendly.

The new RA fixer contains Thiocyanate for faster fixation. See my Super Fix formula here and on PN.

These work more rapidly and in some cases can be washed out more rapidly.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks,

I've read that the replenish rate of C-41RA bleach is 5ml per 135-24EX. Is that correct ?
    It's a really small amount by comparison with 52ml of Bleach III. So, what would be the capacity of them if used without replenished. Kodak z131 says that the capacity of bleach and fixer are twice of the developer, but I think it refers to the Bleach III, not the RA bleach NR.

Any thought ?
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks,

I've read that the replenish rate of C-41RA bleach is 5ml per 135-24EX. Is that correct ?
    It's a really small amount by comparison with 52ml of Bleach III. So, what would be the capacity of them if used without replenished. Kodak z131 says that the capacity of bleach and fixer are twice of the developer, but I think it refers to the Bleach III, not the RA bleach NR.

Any thought ?
    I really don't know about this. I have not researched it.

I use Bleach III and regular C41 Fix or my own fix. I actually have a blix of my own design as well. (see my patent for more information). So, actually I follow my nose having done so much of it. I can adjust on the fly so I usually don't read the EK literature much.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks,

It's a really small amount by comparison with 52ml of Bleach III.
    I don't know if it's correct but it sounds similar to the Fuji bleach I use. Why not replenish? If you keep the bleach and fix separate it's not a big effort.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I'm trying to figure this stuff out too. Maybe the docs have improved, but the way I read it is that the C-41RA Flexicolor RA NR bleach can't be regenerated or replenished and you use it to double the capacity of the developer - 16 36 exp rolls of 35 mm per liter.
    I don't have the RA Fixer, so I'm hoping I can use the non-RA fixer at the 6.5 minutes instead of 2 min. Maybe I should wash after the bleach?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin