Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,446   Posts: 1,597,086   Online: 828

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since about 1991 onward for landscape work my favorite color transparency film in 35mm to 4 x 5 has been Fujichrome Velvia 50. I have liked the color, sharpness, and grain of this film. Now that the film has been discontinued and after I run out of my stock or what I will still purchase, I hope to be able to adapt to Fujichrome Velvia 100.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess it depends on what I'm shooting. For transparency it's E100G, GX. I've used Velvia 100 once and I liked it but I can't say I fell in love with it. For print film Portra (all flavors) depending on the situation, Kodak ultra color stuff for popping color and Fuji Superia. Family shots Kodak 200. I will be trying more Velvia in the future just to get the hang of what that film does, it does render skis beautifully.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mostly Kodak E100VS, for the reds and yellows. However, I shot lots of E200, which is medium contrast and renders nice blue skies; also pushes like no other transparency film on the market today. The only other E-6 film I use in as large quantities as these to is the new Fuji Astia 100F, largely choosen for the super clean look of the images.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I prefer Ektachrome - I like the color blanace, what do you guys prefer?
    Which Ektachrome???

I like EPP myself - but that's mostly because A: I know it, and B: I have it - in all sizes up to 13x18cm.

However I have to admit to a certain dislike of Velvia. Summers around here show 6 million shades of green, and I'd hate it for all of them to come out as emerald.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Which Ektachrome???

I like EPP myself - but that's mostly because A: I know it, and B: I have it - in all sizes up to 13x18cm.

However I have to admit to a certain dislike of Velvia. Summers around here show 6 million shades of green, and I'd hate it for all of them to come out as emerald.
    Oh - Just EPN. I prefer a more natural range of colors - I sometimes like saturated colors, but most of the time, neutral does it for me.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    35mm
    When I'm at the store printing with an SFA(optical) portra 160 or reala.
    When I'm at the store with the frontier....the new 160S or reala.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Table top, food and others in studio : Provia 100 F in 6x6, 6x9, 4'x5', 13x18.
    Outdoors natural light : Velvia 100 F all sizes, and Provia 400 F in 6x6, 6x9, 6x17 (not in 35 mm).
    Outdoors mixed (flash or continous 5200°K) light : Provia 100 F all sizes.
    No C-41.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer Ektachrome - I like the color blanace, what do you guys prefer?
    Which Ektachrome? - there are so many. I've been pretty happy with EPP for sheet film, but I use E100VS and E100G for MF. I'm not completely happy with either, but I'm far from unhappy.

I really prefer negative film. That is at least partly becayse I use rangefinder cameras a lot, and the dynamic range of negative films has advantages with them. (I don't have the luxury of graded ND filters, for instance.) Negative film is also just easier to work with at all stages of the photographic process. For accurate color, nothing is quite as good as Kodak Portra 160NC. But for landscapes, I like a little more punch. I've been using 400UC mostly (because it is available in 220, and 100UC, which is a bit better, is only available in 120), but it has changed recently and has become less accurate and a bit too punchy. I haven't tried the new Kodak Portra films, but I'm looking forward to them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    Which Ektachrome? - there are so many. I've been pretty happy with EPP for sheet film, but I use E100VS and E100G for MF. I'm not completely happy with either, but I'm far from unhappy.
    Have a couple of rolls of E100G in 120 - though we haven't shot them.

I really prefer negative film. That is at least partly becayse I use rangefinder cameras a lot, and the dynamic range of negative films has advantages with them. (I don't have the luxury of graded ND filters, for instance.) Negative film is also just easier to work with at all stages of the photographic process. For accurate color, nothing is quite as good as Kodak Portra 160NC. But for landscapes, I like a little more punch. I've been using 400UC mostly (because it is available in 220, and 100UC, which is a bit better, is only available in 120), but it has changed recently and has become less accurate and a bit too punchy. I haven't tried the new Kodak Portra films, but I'm looking forward to them.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh - Just EPN. I prefer a more natural range of colors - I sometimes like saturated colors, but most of the time, neutral does it for me.
    Forgot to add - for film VOLUME, it tends to be Kodak Max or "HD" for me since locally C-41 processing is very inexpensive.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin