Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,841   Online: 888

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I will give you a quick translation (my job is a Japanese technical translator). Basically it says many people have beloved the original velvia 50, and as a result in the spring of 2007 a new Velvia 50, tenatively called Velvia II will be released. Prices and release dates are yet to be announced.

Hope it helps.

Gary

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It says the performance of new film will be 'almost' equivalent to old one.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by kurachan View Post
    For what it is worth, here is a listing for Velvia from Yodobashi Camera (Japan)...
    Regarding Yodabashi, have they got some sort of rebate system? I always find two prices and a percentage value on their product listings.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I wonder if the market for Super-8 and other small-guage cine format Velvia 50 might be big enough to be a factor. A couple of companies have purchased the remaining Velvia 50 35mm stock to cut down and reperf to Super-8. The places that are doing this have said they'll just continue with Velvia 100F when the 50 runs out, but there are a lot of old Super-8 cameras out there that don't have a manual ASA setting, so they work best with an ISO 40 film and maybe one or two other settings, and 50 is close enough. On top of that, Velvia 50 is looking like the best replacement for Kodachrome 40 these days, as far as color reversal films go with fine grain and vibrant color. I can't imagine this is a huge market, but maybe it's bigger than one would guess.
    Though I haven't used the Velvia 50 in Super 8, I use it in 35 and 120. And I do still use Super 8 with 6 rolls left of Kodachrome 40. I would welcome the new Velvia 50 variant as its been said the V100 is not as sharp as the 50. Plus the color differences. Im suprised Fuji doesn't just make Super 8 from this themselves instead of having another company do it from Fuji's stock. But I could just imagine the sharpness and color boldness of Velvia 50 on Super 8. I would love to try it. The only place I saw it on the net was selling each roll at over $30 which included developing. I would rather find my own lab in country then send it to them for work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think there are two places right now selling Velvia in Super-8. I suspect you found Spectra in Hollywood. Reports are that they are a really good lab, and that you can see substantial differences in results from different labs.

You can also order it from European companies selling it as "Cinevia," reperfed and packaged by this company--

http://www.englisch.film-super8.de/

I just shot a test roll from Spectra. If I get anything interesting, I'll report back.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    Regarding Yodabashi, have they got some sort of rebate system? I always find two prices and a percentage value on their product listings.
    Yes. It is called Gold point card system. You buy at Yodobashi, you get points. You can pay by that points next time.
    At the Velvia page linked above, 493yen is the price, 10% (worth 49yen) is the points you get.

But as far as I know, they don't ship internationally.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Ahem.

I'm really not that excited. No...not me.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! that's fantastic news.
    <dances round the office> My favourite film is coming back!
    I hope it's as good as the original.
    As somone else said, good to know that Fuji are listening to us.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder if Megaperls will carry it.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ref. super8 - there have been reports of the fuji stock not running smoothly in super8 carts.

That's all I have heard though.

Matt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin