Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,590   Online: 906

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

New Fuji Velvia 50 - version II? Can anyone here read the Japanese characters?

Apparently, Fuji has just released a new version of Velvia 50 in response to popular demand. It is called Fuji Velvia 50 II.

Here's a link: fujifilm.jp/information/20061020/index.html

It is in Japanese "script".

I checked the English language "global" site and there is no similar announcement.

Can anyone here "confirm" this?

Maybe someone at Fuji was reading the "Kodachrome" thread here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi George,

It would be nice if true and the color were close to the original. Hopefully some our members in Japan or those elsewhere that can read Japanese can translate this for us.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    using the Google translator:

Color reversal film
    About [hujikuromu] Velvia II (the tentative name) development and sale

2006 October 20th
    The fuji film corporation

[hujikuromu] Velvia (ISO50), there was also the circumstance of procurement difficulty of the part raw material, did last production on end of the last year, ending sale with present stock, the effect which it receives it guided.

But, you considered to the importance of duty, as this corporation that it receives the demand whose Velvia continuance is stronger than everyone of the photograph fan which your long time patronage it receives protects photograph culture and raises started advancing the examination of resumption of production from various angles. As a result, the possibility of the Velvia II (the tentative name) development production which has the efficiency which almost is equal to existence Velvia with the development of the part alternative raw material and the establishment of new production conversion technology, stood, could point to sale and became to receive.

Sale time has planned 2007 spring, we guide the details of sale day price and the like again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you copy the Japanese text and past it into "altavista babel fish" you will get this:
    " 2006 October 20th Fuji film corporation フジクローム Velvia (ISO50), there was also the circumstance of of procurement difficulty of the part raw material, did last production on end of the last year, ending sale with present stock, the effect which it receives it guided. But, you considered to the importance of duty, as this corporation that it receives the demand whose Velvia continuance is stronger than everyone of the photograph fan which your long time patronage it receives protects photograph culture and raises started advancing the examination of resumption of production from various angles. As a result, the possibility of the Velvia II (the tentative name) development production which has the efficiency which almost is equal to existence Velvia with the development of the part alternative raw material and the establishment of new production conversion technology, stood, could point to sale and became to receive. Sale time has planned 2007 spring, we guide the details of sale day price and the like again."
    Where they saying they can't get the "good stuff" they used to put in Velvia 50, but as everyone likes it and they think this important, they are going to make something nearly as good, to be available next year. This (original) stuff is probably still on the shelves in Japan as are many other films not seen outside Japan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good going , Matt! I knew there was a way to do automatic translation but don't know how to do it myself. Tht's a rather choppy translation but good news, nonetheless. At least it didn't say anything like low-contrast or desaturated color palatte. I'm down to my last two rolls of Velvia 50 in 120. Can't wait!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alls I can say is.........

HOT DAMN...

At least someone is listening to us film photographers!

YE HA!

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the "Googlers" and "Altavistas"!

I was so surprised to read the link on another site that I didn't think to try a translation tool.

So it seems to be true!

Now I have to continue burning off the stash of original Velvia 50 so I can try the new stuff!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wonder if the market for Super-8 and other small-guage cine format Velvia 50 might be big enough to be a factor. A couple of companies have purchased the remaining Velvia 50 35mm stock to cut down and reperf to Super-8. The places that are doing this have said they'll just continue with Velvia 100F when the 50 runs out, but there are a lot of old Super-8 cameras out there that don't have a manual ASA setting, so they work best with an ISO 40 film and maybe one or two other settings, and 50 is close enough. On top of that, Velvia 50 is looking like the best replacement for Kodachrome 40 these days, as far as color reversal films go with fine grain and vibrant color. I can't imagine this is a huge market, but maybe it's bigger than one would guess.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George me to...

I have several hundreds of rolls of the orginal in the freezer, I do hope this is as good as the old, now I can get back out shooting, I went through this with Koda 25 and was sorely disapointed when I read the announcement on the velvia 50, talk about making my day!!!!

Ye Ha, I am thrilled!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    For what it is worth, here is a listing for Velvia from Yodobashi Camera (Japan)http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/...423/12082.html
    They also show it for 135 and 4x5. They do mail order including overseas (i believe) but have never tried. They still have a whole floor devoted to film at Shinjuku (Tokyo) near the train station. (there used to be much more). Sadly, they have found the film fridges (supermarket style) keep inkjet cartridges just as well. They did/do? used to stock Super 8 in Fuji and Kodak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin