Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Using a Beseler PM2 color analyzer?

Hi,

I've got a Beseler PM2 color analyzer that's gathering dust because I don't know how to use it. (I got it without a manual.) Does anybody have any pointers, or better yet, a copy of the manual they could scan or photocopy for me? (I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for photocopying and postage.) Thanks for any tips.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just emailed you a pdf manual for a PM2L. I have one of those and use it occasionally.

Bruce

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I got the e-mail. I've printed, but have not yet read, the manual.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the manual for the PM2A, If you need it let me know I can send you a scanned copy.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Beseler PM2 Manual.

Sir,

I have exactly the same pronelm. I purchased a PM2 without a manual. I would be really grateful if you could send me a copy and will greatfully refund you for any expense you incur.

My e-mail is cw4wheeler@comcast.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make sure that your analyser's phototube is working. Its the main component inside the probe. I have a Beseler analyser too. Got it without a manual, and tried for so long to figure out how it worked. Then I was able to get one, and still I can't make heads or tails of the setup. Then it became clear that the probe had a dead tube in it. The machine would work, the numbers would appear on the panel, but it won't do as the instructions describe it.

It's really a tube inside- if you open the probe, it will contain what looks like a large radio tube(valve). I would think that the probe in my unit got dropped or knocked around before I got it.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    35mm
    cw4wheeler, I've just sent you an e-mail with the PDF that BruceN sent me. I hope you find it helpful.

ZorkiKat, my unit's tube definitely works. The thing responds more-or-less as I'd expect from the instructions. I haven't gotten around to doing more color printing since I posted my query, though, so I don't yet know how well the analyzer works. I plan to do more color printing within a few days, so I'll know more soon enough....

Shooter
    35mm
    I am curious to know which version of the PM2 you all have? I never had the PM2 but I believe it's close to the PM2A. I have the PM2A, PM2L and PM2M. I think they are the newer version of the plain PM2. The PM2L is the lower end model and the PM2M is the top model.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine is just marked "PM2." It looks just like this one on eBay. Judging by the switches and dials in photos, it looks like the PM2A and PM2L are low-end models, the PM2 has more features, and the PM2M has more features still.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Mr. Tran,

Pardon me for typical novice stupidity, but I assumed there was only one PM2. I soon found that there was a series of them. I quickly got a response from the gentleman who started this thread sending me a cvopy of the manual he got from another member. He sent me a copy of the manual for the PM2L. Ther unit I bpought is the PM2A. I guess that the title itself implies the there would be a progressive series of this unit, it just did not occur to me. I don't know that there will be a great difference between units, but there must be some. If anyone knows bwhat they are or has a PM2A manual, again, I will be happy to cover any cost involved in getting a copy. And to Rod, thank you for your efforts in my behalf. Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin