Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,435   Online: 1121

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    tjaded (and others), how do you compare the RSX 50 to RSX II 100? Is it like comparing Velvia 50 to Velvia 100F (or even Provia 100, or E100), i.e. visibly different films, or do they have the rendering of colors similar?
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I was just looking at some older 120 slides of mine and a few particular ones really jumped out at me, they all had one thing in common. They were all Agfa RSX II iso 50. That, to me, is one phenominal looking slide film! I wish I had bought up more when I had the chance. Anyone else like (or dislike) this film?

I liked it much more than Velvia, the colours were distinctly more to my taste. Too bad its gone

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by poutnik View Post
    tjaded (and others), how do you compare the RSX 50 to RSX II 100? Is it like comparing Velvia 50 to Velvia 100F (or even Provia 100, or E100), i.e. visibly different films, or do they have the rendering of colors similar?
    RSX 100 is not like Velvia 100(F or not). Its more like Astia with more punch but extremely neutral gray tones. It too is essentialy gone.

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji Provia

I once bought about ten rolls of RSX 50 short dated. I agree that it was a really nice film. Great for color balance, resolution, and clarity. I now use Fuji Provia 100 and really love it. It is at least as good as the RSX 50. My only work is in 35 mm so I don't know what Provia is like for medium - large format. However, it is great for 35 mm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin