Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,918   Online: 1111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Les McClean's book (which I think you have right?) has examples of how to calculate N+1, N-1 development etc. I believe it is roughly 20%. So, if you development time is 100 seconds, 83 seconds would be N-1. N+1 would be 120 seconds. N+2 would be 144 seconds.

But, of course, you have to test, and shorter times on the minus side don't necessarily work if the dev time is too short. 5.5 minutes N-1 would be 5 minutes (4' 58") according to that formula.

If you can use dilute developer it can be easier to get the results you want since the times are longer.

I normally expose HP5+ at 200 ISO anyway, so I would suspect that you would be OK at your normal development time as others have said.

Hope this helps,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    I think Les McClean's book (which I think you have right?)

Will
    You are so right, I do have his book and I'll pull it out, thanks.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin