Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 750
      
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 32 of 32
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,336
    K54 from Amaloco (C41 mononegacolor) is your economical solution. Suitable for C41 rotary and reverse development.

    Indeed with a Jobo 1510 or 1520 tank which takes a very few chemical amount and suitable for both methods although for rotary processing only, the 2500 serie tanks are actually better.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chorley, Lancashire, England
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatordan View Post
    Hello Jeff,

    I've found my copy of the instructions; sorry for the delay.

    The developer is made up of 2 components:
    i. CD4 ( small tube )
    ii. Sodium Carbonate ( bag )
    The Blix is also made up of 2 components:
    i. Ammonioum Thiosulphate ( large bag )
    ii. Iron EDTA complex ( small bag )
    Storage:
    Dev unopened 2yrs opened 6mths
    Blix unopened 2yrs opened 6mths
    liquid storage = disolved powders NOT mixed solutions:
    unused Dev/Blix 4wks used 2/3wks
    The developing instructions say

    " 12 full film lengths may be processed in each 1ltr kit with no change in developing time ( limited to 2 films per 300ml in miniature developing tanks ). Discard after this number has been processed. One film is equivalent to one 36 exposure 35mm or one 120mm film.
    NB - If 12 films are to be processed in 1ltr without increase in development time. proceed with four batched of three films on each run. Any extension to this is experimental."

    I did 3 films per 375ml; this is one 35mm at a time in a small tank. and saved the solutions.
    I repeated this cycle 3 times to give me 9 films.

    I then used 590ml of the already used solutions to process 1 120 film and then discarded it. Doing this twice.

    If you add up the volumes you will find that I diluted the developer to make 1.2 litres approximately and had to add a little water to the final 120 mm film to get enough to cover it. Similarly the Blix which perhaps is not so critical.

    The chemists among us can better tell you whether this was a good idea but I got some acceptable results.

    I hope you will find this of some use.

    Regards Daniel
    Excellent. Thanks for taking the trouble.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin