Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,676   Online: 830

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

c41 vs. e6 exposure

I'm curious about the difference between these two film types with respect to exposure. I know the c41 will deal with more contrast than the typical e6 film (usually about 3 2/3 stops), but how much more does it actually see? Also, how much over exposure will it take as a rule, box speed or a bit more for better shadows?

I got a box of the new fuji 160s to try (4x5), but what amount of exposure and contrast leeway is there with it? Would like to try this film in more contrasty scenes for landscapes than the e6 can deal with. Many thanks, tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my post here and on PN. Actual prints are shown with Portra 160 VC with exposures made from ISO 25 - about 800. I did the same with 400 speed film but did not post the results. In all, the range is about 4 or more stops with usable results. IMHO, the 160 was best at 100 and the 400 was best at 320.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin