Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 773

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 110 film

Shooter
    Multi Format

110 film

A friend of mine just gave me his old Minolta Weathermatic A. I repaired the damage caused by a battery leak and wouldn't mind giving it a go.
    Can I purchase 110 film anymore? More importantly,does anyone still develop it?

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rero Photographic in the UK have some but you may want to find some closer to home due to postage costs.

http://www.retrophotographic.com/sho...htm#SOLARIS110

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 01-17-2007 at 06:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our local branch of Boots the Chemist have it, but that won't be a big help in Canada.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in the States, the big discount stores still have some on the shelves. They will also process & scan in house.

Shooter
    Large Format
    fuji still makes asa 200 110 film ...

last time i was at walmart, they had
    loads of it on their shelves.
    if you take the film to any pharmacy, they should be
    able to process it for you.
    i take my film to sams club / walmart
    and fuji processes it ...
    over the last year they changed it from a 3 day service
    to a 2 week service, because of low demand ... so
    i can't say how much time will go by until THEY send it out
    ( they send things like b+w and slide film to dwaynes in kansas )

have fun!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen Kodak Max in 110 on the shelves of my photo stores.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wicked Michel.
    Drop me a line when you can.

Mike

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    A friend of mine just gave me his old Minolta Weathermatic A. I repaired the damage caused by a battery leak and wouldn't mind giving it a go.
    Can I purchase 110 film anymore? More importantly,does anyone still develop it?

Thanks
    Hi Mike,

I have a Weathermatic (actually quite a few 110s) and I went as far as going swimming to test mine underwater back last September. Trouble is, I haven't finished the film yet. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.
    110 film is everywhere here in the UK - no problem getting it at all. As I and probably others have mentioned on APUG before, you can have fun cutting down 35mm B/W film and loading it into 110 cartridges, thereby depriving the processing places of your money and making things a little more interesting for you!

Best wishes,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve,
    My friend Michel is sending me some 110 from "upper Canada" and my local Sobey's grocery store can process it.I'll scan a few pics. when it's developed.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well technically I'm in Lower Canada, as it was once called before the act of Union (Lower being Québec; Upper being Ontario. I wonder why...)
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin