Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,004   Online: 879

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KODACHROME

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Kodachrome has a unique way of rendering red, something I've never been able to match in an E6 film. I shoot lots of trains and Canadian Pacific is my favourite railroad, and their locomotives are red. I can tell at a glance if the film is Kodachrome or not, just by the way it renders that particular red.
    yes - red is particularly striking with Kodachrome - combined with nice skin tones - something that I find Velvia can be risky for.

I am currently testing various colour reversal films prior to a trip to India in October - I would love to use Kodachrome but I just don't want to risk sending it thousands of miles for processing.

Velvia might seem an obvious choice for the often vibrant colours you see in India, and many many photographs of the plcae have been shot on that film - but I sort of feel I wanbt a more natural look rather than the saturated Fuji look.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    yes - red is particularly striking with Kodachrome - combined with nice skin tones - something that I find Velvia can be risky for.

I am currently testing various colour reversal films prior to a trip to India in October - I would love to use Kodachrome but I just don't want to risk sending it thousands of miles for processing.

Velvia might seem an obvious choice for the often vibrant colours you see in India, and many many photographs of the plcae have been shot on that film - but I sort of feel I wanbt a more natural look rather than the saturated Fuji look.

Matt
    Matt,

I'd probably figure the same way. But when I think about the "colors" of India - particularly the reds and yellows of the clothing, the decorations and the markets - I have to think that only K-chrome can catch the vividness and richness of that end of the spectrum!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like you could pick up some almost short dated Kodachrome Pro at B&H for a good price! Plus, if what I've heard is right, Kodachrome is not affected by heat nearly as much as other color films. Actually, does anyone know if that is true or not? Anyway, Kodachrome buying time!....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just ordered some of that Kodachrome. I'm not even going to India! Heck, I'm not even going to Indiana....
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I just ordered some of that Kodachrome. I'm not even going to India! Heck, I'm not even going to Indiana....
    You will never be disappointed with K-chrome.

Just remember it's environmentally-incorrect; it can only be processed by one place in the entire world etc.

It's like a recreational drug. So beautiful and, yet so dangerous.....

Enjoy, your K-chrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know...the lab I work in was one of the 5 or so Kodachrome labs in the 1990's. I wish they still did it, but San Francisco is not the city to do K-14 in! We still get people bringing it in for processing. I hate to turn them away.
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I just got back 40 rolls today. About 10 rolls of 200, one roll of 25 and the rest 64, it looks incredible with Leica aspheric lenses.
    Wow, is K25 still available, or are you fortunate enough to have some stockpiled?
    Certainly one of the best films I ever shot.

Thx.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    K25 is only available to those who hoarded it away, and I don't think they'll be letting go of it any time soon.
    I got back 8 rolls of K64, and 2 rolls of Fortia SP from Dwaynes a few days ago. K64 records things much more naturally, but to the brown tones of an Australian summer it's what you'd expect, rather dull. Fortia is everything you hear about, saturation. When I don't need anything fancy and can get my hands on it, Kodachrome seems to work very well for me.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this film safe/necessary to be frozen in my kitchen?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just bought 48 rolls of 35 mm Kodachrome 64 at Adorama at $ 4.44 plus shipping. These are dated March 2007, but I don't worry too much about that. Shot six rolls in Rome last week (Leica M6 TTL, mostly Tri-Elmar) and sent these to Dwayne's today.
    Can't wait to see how they turn out.

BTW: during five days in Rome, I saw a million digital cameras and only two Leica M's, not a single TLR , no MF and no Graflex or other LF (but that was perhaps a bit much to ask for).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin