Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,148   Online: 868

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: KODACHROME

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vanspaendonck View Post

BTW: during five days in Rome, I saw a million digital cameras and only two Leica M's, not a single TLR , no MF and no Graflex or other LF (but that was perhaps a bit much to ask for).
    Here in NYC it's much the same thing - such that I've stopped looking to see if just maybe the shooter was using a film camera.

Today I saw a tourist shooting pictures of tulips growing in a concrete planter in front of an office building. She was using her cell phone. At first I thought - well there's another roll of film that never got sold. And then I realized - well there's another digi camera (P&S or dSLR) that never got sold!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie vaara View Post
    Wow, is K25 still available, or are you fortunate enough to have some stockpiled?
    Certainly one of the best films I ever shot.

Thx.
    I have a large stock of it, 2000-2003 emulsions for a big project that I am starting to use before it loses D-Max. All frozen along with 1,400 rolls of 64 and several hundred rolls of 200.

A lot of the 25 will be shot in a Hasselblad XPan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am in Australia with some older pre-paid processing K64 is there any where in Australia that is still accepting K64. Note I am not worried about having to pay to get K64 processed. My question to the Australian users is where do you send your K64 off to. If it is not that expensive I detect a rather large purchase is on the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    I am new to slides... what kind e-6 slides film have the kodachrome look?
    this kind:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...4_NIscreen.jpg

just joking! that is a K64 copy of a K25 original.
    ;-)
    Cheers
    from Sydney Australia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In 35mm color I used to shoot Kodachrome and only Kodachrome until two of my rolls went missing. Now I'm using Astia and may go back for the Kodachrome colors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregrudd View Post
    I am in Australia with some older pre-paid processing K64 is there any where in Australia that is still accepting K64. Note I am not worried about having to pay to get K64 processed. My question to the Australian users is where do you send your K64 off to. If it is not that expensive I detect a rather large purchase is on the way.
    I mailed my film to Dwayne's Photo (Link here). $8AUS postage, plus a $1 padded envelope, for 10 rolls of film.
    Print out the order form on the site, put down your details, and send it off with the film to the address. They can't tell you how much it will costs to get it mailed back to you for an international order, but for 10 rolls of processed slides I paid $18US for return shipping.
    I don't think there's been anywhere in Australia that processes Kodachrome for a while now. But from the time I mailed the film to the time I got it back, it was around 2 weeks all up. They sent me an emailed when they'd mailed it back to me too.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    According to Kodak, there r only two places processing Kodachrome.
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

I bought some from adorama too, but not 48 rolls.
    Last edited by dxphoto; 05-08-2007 at 10:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregrudd View Post
    Apparently there is an address for Kodak in Brisbane. You send it there & they take care of the processing. It will end up at Dwayne's. Then it will return via Kodak Brisbane. If the Kodachrome is pre paid processing then it won't cost you anything. If it's not pre paid they will call & tell you the price. I haven't done this but I know a guy who has done it this way a few times with 35mm & Super8.
    If you are interested, let me know & I will ask him for the Brisbane contact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    According to Kodak, there r only two places processing Kodachrome.
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

I bought some from adorama too, but not 48 rolls.
    Well... actually, according to that link, there's only one place left where Kodachrome is processed. Kodak Switzerland also sends the film to Dwayne's.
    (Hm, I didn't know it had come this far already...)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Well... actually, according to that link, there's only one place left where Kodachrome is processed. Kodak Switzerland also sends the film to Dwayne's.
    (Hm, I didn't know it had come this far already...)
    , didn't pay much attention the text. So Dwayne is the only lab on this plane :o

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin