Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 747

If Part A of the RA-4 Chemistry turns a horrible brown (and is therefore expired) but Parts B and C are still clear are parts B and C still useable or should I throw them out as well.

Thanks,

LightImages

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If any component solution (could be "A'" ... more commonly it is "B" in the Photocolor or Trebla kits) turns dark -- I've had them nearly solidified - it is *SHOT*.
    The remaining solutions are probably OK ... but unless each component is available separately they are of no use- and even if they were, the inventory maintenence quickly becomes a horror show.

I might suggest the JOBO - TETENAL RA-4 kit - two (2) component color developer (one is in a GLASS!! bottle). In my experience this has an *excellent* shelf life with opened bottles, especially replacing the air with JOBO "Protectan" spray.

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin