Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,167   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleyjeff View Post
    Ah. When I have asked for 120 processing at minilabs I have got blank expressions except by a local pro who had a town centre retail shop and did dev. only but he has moved from the town centre and no longer does retail. I'll have another trawl around and see what turns up.
    But I would like to dev. myself having seen the cavalier way film is handled in some minilabs.
    Cheers
    Jeff
    the funny thing is as a kit for ALL fuji film proscesor's, two 120 intermediate cassetes are included.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would guess that using seperate bleach and fix would be more archival.
    I don't know if blix vs. separate bleach and fix steps has any archival implications. I do know that there's an immediate quality implication: Blixes tend to leave behind more residual silver, which looks like larger grain and (IIRC) reduced color saturation in the final prints. Certainly I wasn't happy with the blixes I tried when I first started doing C-41. I've now got Kodak bleach and fix that I use instead. The shelf life for these components is pretty long, so I'm not too concerned that I need to buy them in fairly large bottles. The biggest problem from my perspective is the bewildering array of similar products from Kodak.

thanks for replies everyone.
    I have ordered some 2 bath Tetenal but in view of comments will go for seperate bleach and fix next time to see what difference I can see. Given that Kodak has the C41 patent I'll try and get what is appropriate for me from them, although the choices seem a bit confusing to me.
    Cheers
    Jeff

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Dilucolor developer is also avalaible on its own in a bottle yielding processing for 6 films only. You could use it in case you had a real low run through of C-41 films. If you could obtain bleach (and if neccessary fixer) concentrates from some bulk kits, use them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have ordered some 2 bath Tetenal but in view of comments will go for seperate bleach and fix next time to see what difference I can see.
    When I forst got the 2 bath kit, I thought about using seperate bleach and fix, but found it to be unnecessary.
    I use the 5L kit, and part mix 500ml of each solution.
    I'm using a Jobo CPE-2 processor, which makes C41 really easy.
    The longest I have had working solutions made up for is about 2 weeks.
    I run about 10 or so films through each batch, using the tetenal recommended times.
    After that, I chuck the dev and save the blix for cleaning printing trays.
    It's very good for removing the silver build up from the bottom of the dev tray - slosh it round the tray for a minute or so, and voila - one clean tray.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Jeff. Your thread has worried me. I obtained Speedibrews Celer 41 kits not that long ago from Silverprint. It is powder and makes up 600ml only of dev and blix. Silverprint conservatively says it will develop 4 films. Michael Maunder, its maker, suggests that up to 8 films can be developed.

In powder form the kit has as good as an indefinite life. He doesn't give a shelf life once it is a liquid stock solution but in correspondence with Mr Maunder and reading between the lines to an extent I got the impression that in full brown glass bottles, its real life was probably much greater than he is prepared to claim in his literature.

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't get the point. What is worrying you?

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Jeff. Your thread has worried me. I obtained Speedibrews Celer 41 kits not that long ago from Silverprint. It is powder and makes up 600ml only of dev and blix. Silverprint conservatively says it will develop 4 films. Michael Maunder, its maker, suggests that up to 8 films can be developed.

In powder form the kit has as good as an indefinite life. He doesn't give a shelf life once it is a liquid stock solution but in correspondence with Mr Maunder and reading between the lines to an extent I got the impression that in full brown glass bottles, its real life was probably much greater than he is prepared to claim in his literature.

pentaxuser
    I had overlooked theconventional Speedibrews C41. However it does seem pricey at nearly £9 plus postage for 4 films. Also I suppose I would have needed to buy preservative.
    As an aside I emailed Paterson who confirmed that they no longer produce C41 or RA4 process materials and their reply said that they thought Tetenal was now the only supplier of amateur size C41/RA4 process chemicals in the UK. They also overlooked Speedibrews.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tetenal c-41 kit

I bought the Tetenal C-41 kit (5-liter) last October, 2006. I mix up a 1/2-liter batch of working solutions when I accumulate 8 rolls of exposed film, and run all 8 at one session in my Jobo CPE. I still have about a liter left, but the results last weekend were still very good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    the funny thing is as a kit for ALL fuji film proscesor's, two 120 intermediate cassetes are included.
    That may be true, but look at the situation realistically. Who's running these machines? Often it is some hormone flooded youngster who may not ever have seen a roll of 120 film and isn't the least bit curious about it either. Do you think that a person like this will recognize the machinery required to process a roll? Probably not. Nope, the intermediate cassettes will be relegated to a dusty corner somewhere, never again to see the light of day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin