Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,508   Online: 1053

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    That may be true, but look at the situation realistically. Who's running these machines? Often it is some hormone flooded youngster who may not ever have seen a roll of 120 film and isn't the least bit curious about it either. Do you think that a person like this will recognize the machinery required to process a roll? Probably not. Nope, the intermediate cassettes will be relegated to a dusty corner somewhere, never again to see the light of day.
    What's the point about being"hormone flooded"? Envious?
    I am
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    This topic has come up several times here in the past. A few thoughts and comments, based mostly on readings of previous posts:

[list][*]If you want to avoid a 2-bath kit (which uses blix rather than separate bleach and fix) but the only commercial options in your size range are of that variety, you could use the 2-bath kit's developer along with bleach and fix purchased separately. This will raise your cost (since you won't be using the blix), but possibly less so than throwing away huge quantities of developer. Bleach and fix are likely to last much longer than developer.
    can you expand on thgis? why would this save throwing out the developer? i am new so forgive me if this is obvious. thanks

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie gunks View Post
    can you expand on thgis? why would this save throwing out the developer? i am new so forgive me if this is obvious.
    C-41 developer tends to go bad faster than the bleach or fixer. Thus, if you buy a kit that's too big, the developer will likely go bad before the bleach or the fixer. To save money, you could buy bleach and fixer in larger quantities (for lower per-unit cost) and developer in smaller quantities (at higher per-unit cost but less waste than you'd have by buying too much).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleyjeff View Post
    What's the point about being"hormone flooded"? Envious?
    I am
    Cheers
    Jeff
    Oh funny. Come on man. You know how these teenagers are. Hormones are flooding their systems at levels they've never experienced and they don't know how to handle it. Consequently the job at hand is not the foremost thing in their minds. Still wonder why you often can't get a good job out of a lot of labs? They're sex crazed through no fault of their own, that's just the nature of things. Am I jealous. Heck no! I wouldn't want to go through all that again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm using this kit to develop my C-41 films. As stated earlier here in the thread, Tetenal suggest that you reuse the chemistry at least twice, adjusting development times accordingly.

Doing that, I'm seeing some massive color casts already in the second reuse of the solution. Mainly cyan casts. Is this a sign that the color developer is exhausted?

I normally develop two rolls at a time in 500 ml solution. I'm using a ATL-1500. I'm do my best to not contaminate the color developer with BLIX (I wash the drain hose between development runs).

http://ginandtonique.org/jrydberg/img501.jpg

See that image for an example. Any idea of what could be wrong?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin