Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,513   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Lab recommendation for enlargements?

I was out biking recently and my companion was a Canon AE-1 which I had a test roll in. I had been testing a new lens and was just looking to finish off the roll. Well, as luck would have it, I had a Tamron Adaptall 28-70mm lens on it and noticed a butterfly on this purple coneflower. They usually fly away so I nearly didn't bother, but wanting to finish off the roll I stealthilly crept up and actually got ONE shot before it flew away. It turned out pretty nice. Only problem is that I should a turned the camera to portrait orientation. So I have this nice butterfly picture that I think would make a nice 11x14 (It's Fuji Superia 100 film) but I'd like to do it analog, not as a scan, crop, and digi-print.

could someone recommend a lab that could do this for me?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good luck. I don't know any labs left that will optically print color negative film.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you were in Canada, I would say ask DAFO Éclair in Montréal. They enlarge on a Durst onto Kodak paper. 30$ (CDN) for the first 8x10, less for copies. Elevator in Toronto has similar services as well. But in the States, I dunno.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BWC in Dallas.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm
    fuji send out service optically prints anything over 8x10/12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A lab service for you

hi Wolfeye

I am an analogue lab based in sydney australia and would be very happy to print this image for you. All my prints are hand crafted and tested for optium colour balance and density before a final print is made. If you are intrested in using my services I am very happy to work for overseas clients, I already have clients who send work from America, Europe and parts of Africa. and have a secure postal service for which the details are below.

The Lighthouse Pty Ltd
    Po Box 1642 Darlinghurst N.S.W Australia 1300
    Phone : +61 (02) 9365 6063
    Email :Steve@thelighthousebps.com.au

An 11x14" hand crafted Ra-4 print with specific cropping instructions would cost $30 Australian dollars, postage would be 15 dollars Australian.

If you would like information on an American based lab which may be close to you that my clients can recommend to print this for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck with it and bravo for demanding analogue printing!

Regards
    Steve Frizza
    Director
    The Lighthouse

Shooter
    35mm
    Ace Photo, Ashburn VA, http://www.acephoto.net.
    Highly regarded dealer/lab in DC Metro area for many years. If you don't see what you want, ask for it.

Regards

Shooter
    35mm RF

Analog lab forth coming

Not wanting to toot my horn too soon I will tell you I've decided to ressurect my custom darkroom for color prints or B&W fiber or RC up to 24x30 inches.
    I'm in the process of purchasing equipment now. I supported myself, three children to maturity and a high upkeep wife for thirty years until digital came about and I sold off everything and quit the lab business. West Coast location for the lab. Quality you should expect. No idea of prices as yet but they won't be cheap...those days are really over! I'll keep you posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Good luck. I don't know any labs left that will optically print color negative film.
    I must be lucky! - the lab I use here in Birmingham has done quire a few for me. There are plenty in London too.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last one still standing in my area.

http://www.titanphotolab.com/index.html

Good luck.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin