Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 936

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Look

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also ask at the forum cinematography.com
    Lots of working cinematographers there & a great source of info.
    Most of the look of pre-dig films comes from - set design, lighting (incl filters), film choice & decisions about how to expose & print the film.
    There is an excellent doco titled 'Visions of Light' you can buy from Amazon & it is a history of cinematography with lots of good examples of how certain looks were achieved.
    I've not seen the films you mention, so i can't even guess at how thery were done.

Images
    I just finished watching "Black Orpheus". A beautifully photographed, fairly early color film made in 1959. Wonderful footage of Rio during Carnivale without that awful postcardy technicolor look that Hollywood loved back then. I don't know whether the color has been reworked over the years but it was a visual pleasure and a creative adaptation of the Greek legend of Orpheus and Euridice.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin