Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,727   Online: 812

Shooter
    Multi Format

Meridian Pro (Dwayne's) Processing Experiences?

My old favorite 3 sources for color medium format processing have either let me down with recent quality issues or switched to all-digital. In searching for new sources, I found Meridian looking interesting. Is anyone using them? Opinions?
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started using Dwayne's a few months ago. I have been happy with the quality of the work. The only thing that I did not like was that 35mm film was cut into strips of 4 and 120 film was cut into strips of 2. After I start putting instructions to cut 36mm into strips of 6 and 120 into strips of 4, they have usually complied [ a roll of 120 came back as 2 3 3 4!].

Kodak processing could never get that right. Automatic equipment?

On the other hand, when the C330's lens door failed [after a CLA] failed to open so that the roll came back unexposed, Dwayne's did not charge me for the roll.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    I started using Dwayne's a few months ago. I have been happy with the quality of the work...
    Steve
    I am about to send them a load of color work I cannot seem to get to myself; thanks for the heads up about the strange negative cutting practice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    I am about to send them a load of color work I cannot seem to get to myself; thanks for the heads up about the strange negative cutting practice!
    You can also request that your negatives not be cut at all. I request my slide film uncut. (I've got a local lab that can make some pretty reasonable prints from my slide film, but their equipment can't deal with mounted film.)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    I started using Dwayne's a few months ago. I have been happy with the quality of the work.
    I've been using them since I resumed shooting Kodachrome. (As if I have a choice?) I've been happy with them and I'm thinking of trying them for E6 as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin