Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,232   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    Kino,

For the many years I ran a Wing Lynch (B/W, E6), I used the Kodak 'kits' for the E6 line and various developers as required for the B/W films

I cannot recall ever having any colour imbalance using E6 as per insrutuctions for any of the 4x5, 120 and 35mm Kodak colour films that went through that machine. We had to invest in the Wing Lynch after it was decided that my time was better spent making the photographs rather than standing in the darkroom watching a clock for too many hours every other day.

Ken
    Sorry Ken, didn't mean to ignore your post...

I have heard the 1 gallon kit, branded "Wind Lynch" is Kodak. I am using it in a Jobo ATL2300 processor and have little experience with either E6 kits or Jobos, so I am pretty much clueless.

Think I need to purchase a fresh Kodak Kit and dump this kit; it takes too much time and effort to mess it up due to aged chemistry...

thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, so I got 2 more rolls that are not real important subject-wise (I am sure I can scan and make my family happy with results), so I am going to push it a stop (1st developer from 6 to 9 minutes @ 101.5F) and double the fix time (why not?) to see what happens.

If it happens to make some good slides, I'll keep the remainder of the kit, otherwise, down the drain...

Should know in about 30 minutes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Increasing 1st developer will lower dmax by making the negative image more foggy. It will increase speed.

Increasing fix will probably have no effect.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format

Inconclusive Results

Well, its my own fault, but the results are inconclusive.

I processed 2 more rolls, shot with 2 different point and shoot 35mm cameras we keep around the house to grab shots here and there

The film is all Kodak Ektachrome 160 but the cameras differ, so ...

One roll benefited from the 1 stop push (still slightly magenta) , one seems to have suffered (blacks are decidedly Olive).

I am thinking, dump it and start over with a fresh E6 kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E6020.jpg   E6022.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kino;

That olive look is typical of incomplete reversal in the reversal bath! I can clearly see it in the scans. Looks like the stannous chloride has gone bad or is too dilute.

You get part of a positive and part of a negative image in the darker tones.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin