Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,493   Online: 977

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alex66 View Post
    Those scans look awfull :o I think ill have to avoid my local lidl :rolleyes: on thursday when I get paid:rolleyes: and definatly not send any away to be deved I better not post any of the sub par pictures I wont get as I better not go near there in the first place
    You mean my scans?
    Why?I really like them, they give me that special look.But that is after all very subjective feeling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonov View Post
    You mean my scans?
    Why?I really like them, they give me that special look.But that is after all very subjective feeling.
    Sorry I was trying to be funny I liked the scans now I meant to ask about the 99p processing from the big T do they do just develop?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonov View Post
    You mean my scans?
    I enjoyed your photographs Antonov. You are lucky to be able to take them. It is not possible to wander round a train yard in Britain with a camera unless you get special permission.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alex66 View Post
    Sorry I was trying to be funny I liked the scans now I meant to ask about the 99p processing from the big T do they do just develop?
    It's OK. No problem if you don't like them, he he, can't all people love your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I enjoyed your photographs Antonov. You are lucky to be able to take them. It is not possible to wander round a train yard in Britain with a camera unless you get special permission.
    Thanks Andy!As I said there, I tried to give that "abandoned station" look.Big train station, with very few trains.Reality is much different, there are lot of trains, but I like to take pictures when is this like, nobody out there, very sunny, etc.
    I'm railway enthusiast, I have biggest railway portal in southeastern Europe with big forum, and there are lot's of photographers here, but just two of us with film.Photographing here also can be problem, if you don't have permission, but not like in UK, I mean, here depends from station to station, in some no one will ask you anything, but in some, they bother you that you must have license.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sausage100uk View Post
    I have just bought a film scanner (Acer Scanwit 2720) so now i can shoot colour film (E6 & C41) and scan/print at home. I happened to wander into the Lidls in Brighton today to have a poke about while i was on shift and what do I see before me??? Fujicolour 200 twinpacks of 36 exp 135..... £0.99 150). so for a 36 exp colour film 50p+99p+180p = £3.29 for film, dev & 36 prints!!! not that anyone uses film any more all the more for me

I have just enquired at my local Tesco about develop only.
    My local Tesco has to send there films away to a Kodak lab. They were not sure about develop only because there was no box to tick on envelope. They did say that develop only would be available in there stores with photo processing in store.
    I can get an 1 hour develop only service at my local ASDA.
    I will tell my sister in Brighton about the deal on Fuji 200 for 99p for 2X135x36.
    Andy. K thanks for the post about the Kodak VR film I just got a shopping bag full. Its long dated to 07/08

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ,,,,,,,,so for a 36 exp colour film 50p+99p+180p = £3.29 for film, dev & 36 prints!!!

OK lets do the maths . Good quality 35mm SLR without bells and whistles approx £30 with lens on auction site. Reasonable quality 'low' spec digi SLR (i.e it makes the tea but does not add the milk :-)) £400 with lens. Saving on gear = £370 . Depreciation over 5 years for film camera - £0 , Digi cam = £350 - let's be generous.

For an amateur shooting a roll a month over 5 years photos cost £3.29 x60 = £197.40. Add scanner to allow storage and distribution on the web/phone.pda/internet enabled freezer (they exist apparently) at £80. Total 5 year outlay for film user = just shy of £280. Future costs are purely for film , d and p i.e £40 approx p.a
    Digi user has to repeat the process every 5 years , even if prints are 'free' the digi user is down on the deal by £70 in the first 5 years and £150 every other 5 years.

Now I see those economies they talk about when justifying the use of digital .
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thats not adding in the post processing time you have to do, admittedly you can play about with scans but RAW files HAVE to have an element of Photoshopping. What about reliability, I hear lots of stories about dusty sensors, dead batteries, dead sensors etc....I managed to drop my MTL5 on top of Ben Nevis & dented the prism holder bit on the top plate, still works perfectly....how many DSLRs could you do that to....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...I managed to drop my MTL5 on top of Ben Nevis & dented the prism holder bit on the top plate, still works perfectly......

I had an MTL3 years ago, the 5 must be a bit flimsy, the 3 would have dented Nevis (Sorry off topic)
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the 3 too, I must admit there was a large crack down the north face of Nevis that wasn't there on the way up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my thread in this forum about Calumet selling Kodak Portra 160NC packs of 5 35mm - for £6.50 (inc. vat)

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin