Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 751

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Colour film,,,,expensive to use???

I have just bought a film scanner (Acer Scanwit 2720) so now i can shoot colour film (E6 & C41) and scan/print at home. I happened to wander into the Lidls in Brighton today to have a poke about while i was on shift and what do I see before me??? Fujicolour 200 twinpacks of 36 exp 135..... £0.99 <50p a roll....for branded film...apparently Fuji are producng this film specifically for Lidl. I have seen some example pic on the Net and it gets good reviews. Tescos will do Dev only for .99p overnight....and will print digi prints for 5p a go (>150). so for a 36 exp colour film 50p+99p+180p = £3.29 for film, dev & 36 prints!!! not that anyone uses film any more all the more for me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get a similar deal on Kodak VR 200 and 400 at Aldi.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any good? do you print or scan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I give my rolls to a lab and they make the prints. I don't scan, I don't see the point as the computer is not my primary way of viewing my photographs.

Shooter
    35mm
    how do you find the quality of these "cheap consumer" films???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sausage100uk View Post
    how do you find the quality of these "cheap consumer" films???

Terrible!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wheel1.jpg   Wheel3.jpg   Wheel2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm yes, definitely sub-par..... and to think I spent a fiver on ten rolls, silly me.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I also find them terrible.
    Check this link:

http://zeljeznice.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4849

Kodak Super Color 200, scanned on Fuji Frontier, no manipulations in Photoshop or on scanner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Calumet are selling agfa vista 100 24 exp for 65p a roll. I use my local Asda for Dev only for £1 I did not know that tesco did the same my local tesco (Boston) sends the films away and you get them back in two days. They do a really good job. Jessops charge round about £7 for dev only 1hr processing, but you do get a free film.

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those scans look awfull :o I think ill have to avoid my local lidl :rolleyes: on thursday when I get paid:rolleyes: and definatly not send any away to be deved I better not post any of the sub par pictures I wont get as I better not go near there in the first place

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin