Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,791   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    I asked for dates and emulsion numbers of the film but was told by the seller that he did not have that information. I'm pretty cautious with ebay. I hate being misled when I buy anything. It's not so much the principle of the matter (though this certainly plays a part) but more the money that I've forked out.

rgds,
    Thanasis
    Well cautious folk never get burned but they often miss out on opportunities too.

If you consider eBay to be populated by rapacious vipers - then you were wise to do as you did. With some wizened experience there - I tend to feel confident that I can spot the fraudsters from the honest sellers, although nothing is perfect.

Yes, if I were selling off a "broken" case of film - I would probably have the expiry date, provided I hadn't already tossed the carton. But I sure as heck wouldn't even know what you mean by emulsion number?

But, no problem, someone else got the film, you didn't get screwed and the seller has moved on. So everyone's happy. And that's all that really matters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    But, no problem, someone else got the film, you didn't get screwed and the seller has moved on. So everyone's happy. And that's all that really matters.
    I see it the same way.

I've been using ebay for about 4 years now. I've not yet come across any "rapacious vipers". I have come across many sellers, though, who will advertise aspects of an item that neither I nor they can verify. Some sellers are apologetic in this and won't mind answering questions that attempt to prove the veracity of their claims, others take it as a personal affront that you so much as doubt what they have described in their listing.

Thread derailment now complete.

regards,
    Thanasis.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    buy from the guys in the above link. ultrafineonline. they got some good deals.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have purchased many "bulk-paks" of 35mm slide film, both Kodak and other brands. They come in a plain paper carton with each film in individual cannisters, but the only coding and expiry date is on the outside of the master carton. I have several 50 roll cartons right now. I am not sure of the purpose of packaging film like this, but most manufacturers do package films like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin