Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,884   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd use these for neg...
    Fuji 160s for daytime, Kodack 160NC for night

Fuji NPZ (thats the name think) 800 for hand held lowlight.

For Chromes its a personal choice and if you are not used to shooting with the film some (like Velvia, 100vs) can make you insane. Astia, e200, any of the other kodak 100's are less tempermental. Provia 100 and 400 can be wonderful and would fall between the velvia and 100vs and the other films for most forgiving or easiest to use when not sure.
    Last edited by jd callow; 07-23-2007 at 04:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Joshua,

"What's the preference for printing from scans?"

A good scan of either would give you a good print. My little film scanner Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III) seems to like the density range of negatives more than slides, but it really isn't a great scanner. Don't forget the print set you get back from a roll of negatives is nice for an album.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei ScanFilm

Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Haven't found them here in the US either. I wonder if anyone has tried these Rollei "scanner-friendly" color neg films?
    Freestyle has it in 35mm and 120 sizes. I've never tried it, though, so I can't comment on what it's like.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did a search on the forums and apparently Roger Hicks has tried out the rollei scanfilm stuff. Maybe another 1-2 people have mentioned they tried it I think. It's not too hideously expensive so I might give a roll a go sometime once I get set up for c-41 processing at home.
    Last edited by Akki14; 07-24-2007 at 06:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarifying

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Haven't found them here in the US either. I wonder if anyone has tried these Rollei "scanner-friendly" color neg films? I suppose one could order them from the UK to try them - but it'd be nice to have a "user review" first.
    Rollei Scan film is a funny bird...it has a clear base that is supposedly better for scanning than traditional color negatives with the brown tinge. The thing is, scanning software already compensates for that brown tinge just fine for the most part, so it kind of renders that notion a bit moot. The image itself has a very retro look, very 1960's-era color...nothing like the current Porta (Kodak) and Pro (Fuji) lines.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i use velivia 100F and love it. i owuld say bring a C41 film a bit faster so you can hand hold in less light. you have the velvia for your tripood stuff. a bit of 160, 400 and 800 is what i would bring. the 800 is really useful for low light markets. it is fast becoming one of my favorite and most used C41 film. if you do not want to bring all those films you could leave out the 400 and use the 800 or leave out the 160 and use the velvia. i always bring LOTS of film when i travel. you can always bring it home, but your favorite films are always hard to find in 3rd world countries.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Even though it isn't a pro negative film, Fuji Superia 100 is still a fine colour print film. I believe that it is also available in 200 and 400 ASA also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin