Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,662   Online: 929

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Can one buy Endura in 20X24" sheets"

Sandy King
    Last time I looked you could still get 20" rolls. Not that hard to cut to size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mammolo View Post
    I have been shooting Ilfochrome in camera for the past two years.
    Marco,

Any chance we could see some examples?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Marco's ISO speed requirement seems to be right on from my memory,

Studio lighting should be a piece of cake Art if you leave the set up and filter, process, correct colour/density with filter/apeture/shutter . For outdoors you need to futz much more as the lighting is changing all the time. This was the big frustrating part for live shooting outdoors if one was trying to achieve correct colour density.

I can purchase this cibachrome paper for you and drop ship into the States so you do not have to deal with the border. you will need a Jobo system for processing. Chems which I can help you with as well drop ship. Not to hard for a very clever fellow as yourself to learn the process.
    I am purchasing a portable Jobo Unit from John Callow that you can borrow when it is not being used on workshops.
    There now , everything in place,
    Bob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Marco,

Regards, Art.
    Sorry for the awful quality, I do not have a scanner, I just put the pictures on the floor and shot with the flash. Lots of artifacts everywhere, but you should get the idea. These are all 8x10. The first one is in artificial light, the other two in natural light. Shooting in natural light is not just a matter of the color temperature of the scene changing all the time (if the sky is clear it does not), but -again- because of the reciprocity effect that does not change just the exposure time but introduces a color cast as well. Bottom line: I bought about $500 of color correcting Lee filters, and I think this is a must if you want acceptable color accuracy (mind you, "acceptable color accuracy" not "commercial quality color accuracy": for the latter use something other than Ilfochrome-in-camera ...). Needless to say you need a color temperature meter, but the old Gossen Sixtycolor is ok. I develop it in a Jobo. I just finished writing an article on my new 14x17 that I use to shoot Ilfochrome (besides B&W). If all goes well it should appear in the next issue of Magnachrom.

Last edited by mammolo; 08-06-2007 at 12:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    i called Ilford (who then owned the company )to get some advice with regard to filters, etc. and at that time no one knew anything about making images in this manner. Perhaps , it was just a lottery, as to the technical support folks understanding the question. They were clueless and quite surprised that i would even be trying such a thing.
    A similar thing happened to me when I called Ilford to see if I could get sheets of their "RC digital" paper, which strikes me as a good way to get extended-sensitivity when shooting directly to paper. Eventually I was referred to wynit, and the folks there were even more clueless. They wanted to sell me rolls of the paper for hundreds of bucks, that was the only option.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Marcos

regardless of artifacts, very cool images, I can see you are having a lot of fun.

best
    Bob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Marco,

Regards, Art.
    Art,

any chance I can get a quick "thank you"?

My apologies - what can I say - I'm a simple country guy: after going to my studio to pick three prints, taking pictures of them, resizing and uploading them to my site and putting them on-line I would have appreciated even a simple "tnx".

Regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well thank you Marco. I for one enjoyed seeing them as I have been wondering about this process myself.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Art travels pretty heavily and may not have seen this post.
    He really is a great guy.
    by the way how about Your Welcome to my post

Quote Originally Posted by mammolo View Post
    Art,

any chance I can get a quick "thank you"?

My apologies - what can I say - I'm a simple country guy: after going to my studio to pick three prints, taking pictures of them, resizing and uploading them to my site and putting them on-line I would have appreciated even a simple "tnx".

Regards

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Marco, I have been following this thread closely.

Doyle
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin