Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1165

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Marco,
    I was somewhat interested in shooting Ilfochrome in pinhole cameras a long time ago as a result of seeing some examples in a book or magazine of pinhole photos made this way, but never got around to trying it. The examples I saw had very dull color, as a result of the combination of the reciprocity and improper filtering for natural light, no doubt. Your natural light examples are much more natural in color than the ones I saw; I'm impressed.
    Katharine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marco,

First off, thank you for posting the images. I'm impressed with the level of vibrancy in the colour as I have heard they could turn out dull. These give me inspiration to give the technique a try.

Next, please understand that some of us aren't 'simple country guys' with nothing better to do than check all the 1000's of unread messages on APUG. And the 20 or so other community forum websites I an 'active' in. My apologies - what can I say? I'm a complex multi-city guy. Please understand that I do appreciate it when people post a reply to my query messages.

Yes, I do appear to be on here a lot, but that's usually between meetings when I am in my office, or for a few minutes when I'm in my hotel, or for the few minutes on my Blackberry when I'm traveling at the airport/in the cab/on the train etc... And then I only messages that appear at the top of the "New Posts" link. Saturday and Sunday mornings are when I really go through all the APUG messages.

Then of course there's the good chance that I forgot one of many posts I make.

Anyway, I don't know why I have to explain myself, but I did. Which reminds me I just the saw Fotoman banner and I think posted a question about those cameras. Got to find that thread now as I'm sure I POed someone else ....

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 08-11-2007 at 05:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Art travels pretty heavily and may not have seen this post.
    He really is a great guy.
    by the way how about Your Welcome to my post
    It took me two hours to go get the pictures and put them on line. It took you 15 seconds to reply to my post.

But since you consider your 15 seconds as valuable as my two hours I do say "You are welcome" with all my heart.

:-)

Cheers
    Last edited by mammolo; 08-25-2007 at 06:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Marco,

First off, thank you for posting the images. ...

Regards, Art.
    Thank you Art for you most kind reply in spite of my "ticked off" post. I got so annoyed by people's lack of recognition for the time that often goes into replying with substantative information to queries that once in a while I end up irritating people that have no fault at all. Like this time.

My bad.

Best

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thankyou for considering the value of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mammolo View Post
    It took me two hours to go get the pictures and put them on line. It took you 15 seconds to reply to my post.

But since you consider your 15 seconds as valuable as my two hours I do say "You are welcome" with all my heart.

:-)

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Art for you most kind reply in spite of my "ticked off" post. I got so annoyed by people's lack of recognition for the time that often goes into replying with substantative information to queries that once in a while I end up irritating people that have no fault at all.
    I can certainly understand your point of view and believe me, I really am appreciative of your response to my query.

OK I have another question. How the heck did you load the paper? Did you use a 'regular' back? I assume you can't use a Polaroid 545i back since it doesn't have a dark slide, right? Also, I assume you cut the paper down to size too.

Wait a sec ... you used an 8x10 camera. Drats. OK, above questions are for anyone else.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a look here: http://www.timhunkin.com/61_cameras.htm

For a direct to Ilfochrome 12"x16" camera using a mirror to get a correctly orientated image.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marco
    Thanks for taking the time to share your work with all of us.

In a similar vein, I have been considering exposure of B/W paper in camera, and then reversal processing the paper. If I ever get around to it, I'll post examples.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for the awful quality, I do not have a scanner, I just put the pictures on the floor and shot with the flash.
    --snip to keep things neat --

Wow, very, very cool! This is now been added to the list of things to do with my 8x10!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thank you all!

In the next issue of Magnachrom there will be a few examples (and at least one disaster) of 12x16 in-camera Ilfochromes taken with my 14x17 Lotus View camera.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin