Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,652   Online: 807

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilfochrome directly shot in camera

Came across this interesting website: http://www.glennview.com/ciba.htm

Seems like this guy shot Cibachrome paper directly in the camera, by-passing the transparency film. Interesting.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    years ago, and i mean years; i made some 8x10 images in camera using (at that time Cibacrhome) paper. Great fun.

a few years ago, i thought i would give it a another try and it was a failure.

i called Ilford (who then owned the company )to get some advice with regard to filters, etc. and at that time no one knew anything about making images in this manner. Perhaps , it was just a lottery, as to the technical support folks understanding the question. They were clueless and quite surprised that i would even be trying such a thing.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can shoot Endura in a camera and then cross process to a positive. You need the right filtration, but prints can be very nice.

See results on PN posted by Bujor B.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My experience with any paper is that your exposures vary widely based on the emulsion batch. How would you determine exposure times for this process?
    -Logan Group

Pacifism in the face of murderous barbarism is a self-correcting disorder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Endura color paper is made to a fixed speed and color balance just like film. Once you work out the filtration and exposure, you will get that result with many batches of paper. In any case, a 100 sheet box is rather inexpensive and you will have 400 4x5 sheets from a 100 sheet box of 8x10.

Then you can play all you want.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Endura color paper is made to a fixed speed and color balance just like film. Once you work out the filtration and exposure, you will get that result with many batches of paper. In any case, a 100 sheet box is rather inexpensive and you will have 400 4x5 sheets from a 100 sheet box of 8x10.

Then you can play all you want.

PE

Can one buy Endura in 20X24" sheets"

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Used to be able to Sandy, but IDK now. There were sizes larger than that as well.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I met someone last year who used to use Cibachrome in his Thornton Pickard camera. I have not seen any examples yet though.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know what ASA/ISO/EI Ilfochrome paper is?

Or Endura paper? Ron?

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 08-06-2007 at 07:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have been shooting Ilfochrome in camera for the past two years. At least here in Europe you can still find both paper and chemistry with relative ease.

Shoot in artificial light (tungsten) while setting the sensitivity at 3 ASA. That's a good start. To play it safe you may want to put a UV filter in front but in artificial light I seldom felt the need.

Shooting in normal light is quite complex, as there is a cross-dependency between color shift and reciprocity failure. But it can be done once one works out the math.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin