Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,052   Posts: 1,561,204   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Robert,

Thanks for the info.

Living as you do at 20'0" north you may not realize how weird I find it that only now, in August, in the US, is Fuji finally releasing the stuff!

We're headed into winter here! The days are already getting noticeably shorter. And now, only now, they come out with the new 50 ISO Velvia!

For crying out loud, why didn't they release it here in May like they did in the UK? Now we have to buy aging stuff, stick it in the freezer and wait to next year!

Anyway, thanks for the news. From the later posts it sounds like, even at highway robber prices, Adorama blew out their first shipment!

Nice to see some folk still shoot color transparencies (and color film, generally)!
    It is still dark here until about 7:10pm. Of course, during the winter it will get dark only about an hour earlier. One of the advantages of living so far south I guess.

I probably shouldn't have ordered the film. In fact, I'm going to watch, and if B&H or Calumet get it within the next couple of weeks, I'll cancel the order. I would just prefer to have QuickLoads on my trip; I don't like carrying film holders or cut sheet film when travelling.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Didn't he used to make films back in the 70's with Reed Rothchild?
    Yes, now I am happy just selling them.

Regards

Dirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Robert,

Badger Graphic lists Fujichrome Velvia 50 QL in stock for $79.95 a box. I still have a fair amount of original Velvia on hand and will order some a bit later.

Here is the Badger link:

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=2359

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    It was in stock last night, I ordered two boxes of QuickLoads, and today I get an email saying it isn't in stock. I may just cancel the order.
    Robert, I have found Adorama to be notorious for inaccurate inventory on their website. If I have no time constraints, I sometimes order from them if the price is right. I recently had an order in which all the items showed as in stock - when shipped, one $3 item was back-ordered. (Web site still showed in stock). When they shipped it, they had to eat the $10 shipping on the $3 item. You'd think they'd learn.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It was in stock last night, I ordered two boxes of QuickLoads, and today I get an email saying it isn't in stock. I may just cancel the order.
    Robert,

Looking at a map. Does Megapearls have Velvia 50 QuickLoads? Seems as if they could get it to you as "quick" as Adorama anyway.

Images
    I say this is perfect timing George. Fall colors and Velvia are a hot combo.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't trust Adorama. I've ordered things from them that they said were in stock and they weren't. On top of it I didn't find out till I got the order, usually 3 days later. I get the feeling, and this is just my thoughts, that they want to get an order whether they have the item or not. After that I took my business to B&H or Calumet.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Robert,

Badger Graphic lists Fujichrome Velvia 50 QL in stock for $79.95 a box. I still have a fair amount of original Velvia on hand and will order some a bit later.

Here is the Badger link:

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=2359

Rich
    Thanks Rich. I may do this. However, I am really uncomfortable with Badger. The last time I ordered from them, I immediately started seeing bogus charges (over $300) on my credit card - the same on I used for the order.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Don't trust Adorama. I've ordered things from them that they said were in stock and they weren't. On top of it I didn't find out till I got the order, usually 3 days later. I get the feeling, and this is just my thoughts, that they want to get an order whether they have the item or not. After that I took my business to B&H or Calumet.
    I looked at both, B&H and Calumet, but neither has the film. I've had the same issue with Adorama in the past and only use them as necessary.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rich. I may do this. However, I am really uncomfortable with Badger. The last time I ordered from them, I immediately started seeing bogus charges (over $300) on my credit card - the same on I used for the order.
    Hi Robert,

I suspect that had nothing to with Badger. Jeff has been great to deal with. I bought my Toho FC-45X from him and film previously. He sent Velvia 100 and Acros to meet me when I flew out to Portland Oregon for pick-up at the airport. While out in Oregon I explained my problem with insufficient rise with the Toho. Badger was out of stock on the Toho Eccentric Panel for additional rise and shift for wide angle lenses. He took my order, billed me for the Panel only after the part came in from Japan and then sent the part to me at home. Don't worry about working with Jeff and Badger.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 08-08-2007 at 09:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin