Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,539   Online: 860

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Fuji Velvia 50 In Stock

Adorama has the new Fuji Velvia 50 in stock. They have 35mm, 120 and 4x5 QuickLoads. However, Adorama's prices are steep - $99.95 for 20 QuickLoads, normally about $70, $199.99 for 35mm ProPacks (20 rolls), normally about $112.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ...and it's out of stock...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGainer View Post
    They are showing some sizes as 'new item' and not yet received from distributor. Interesting that the detail on some items describes Velvia 50 as ISO 100.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I buy my Velvia from Dirk Dossler (I think that's his name). His website is http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/. Not cheap, but always in stock in seems.
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogs View Post
    I buy my Velvia from Dirk Dossler
    Didn't he used to make films back in the 70's with Reed Rothchild?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGainer View Post
    It is in stock this morning. http://www.adorama.com/Search-Result...fo=Velvia%2050
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone at Adorama must be reading these forums, they have now fixed the descriptions.

However, as of now, all but the 220 is shown as 'new item not in stock yet' but they expect it soon and are taking orders.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Adorama has the new Fuji Velvia 50 in stock. They have 35mm, 120 and 4x5 QuickLoads. However, Adorama's prices are steep - $99.95 for 20 QuickLoads, normally about $70, $199.99 for 35mm ProPacks (20 rolls), normally about $112.
    Robert,

Thanks for the info.

Living as you do at 20'0" north you may not realize how weird I find it that only now, in August, in the US, is Fuji finally releasing the stuff!

We're headed into winter here! The days are already getting noticeably shorter. And now, only now, they come out with the new 50 ISO Velvia!

For crying out loud, why didn't they release it here in May like they did in the UK? Now we have to buy aging stuff, stick it in the freezer and wait to next year!

Anyway, thanks for the news. From the later posts it sounds like, even at highway robber prices, Adorama blew out their first shipment!

Nice to see some folk still shoot color transparencies (and color film, generally)!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Someone at Adorama must be reading these forums, they have now fixed the descriptions.

However, as of now, all but the 220 is shown as 'new item not in stock yet' but they expect it soon and are taking orders.

Bob
    It was in stock last night, I ordered two boxes of QuickLoads, and today I get an email saying it isn't in stock. I may just cancel the order.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Robert,

Thanks for the info.

Living as you do at 20'0" north you may not realize how weird I find it that only now, in August, in the US, is Fuji finally releasing the stuff!

We're headed into winter here! The days are already getting noticeably shorter. And now, only now, they come out with the new 50 ISO Velvia!

For crying out loud, why didn't they release it here in May like they did in the UK? Now we have to buy aging stuff, stick it in the freezer and wait to next year!

Anyway, thanks for the news. From the later posts it sounds like, even at highway robber prices, Adorama blew out their first shipment!

Nice to see some folk still shoot color transparencies (and color film, generally)!

Enjoy using it this fall then
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin