Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,128   Online: 1095

Thread: Pushing E200

Shooter
    35mm

Pushing E200

I shot a roll of E200 yesterday, intending to give the film a 1-stop push. It wasn't until I had almost finished the roll that I realized I had goofed by setting my camera's ISO dial to 400 instead of 320, which is the recommended setting for a 1-stop push of E200.

Should I ask the lab to push the film 1 stop anyway? Or should I ask for a 2-stop push? I'm afraid that a 2-stop push will result in blown out results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could ask for a 1.25, 1.3 or 1.5 push. It may be that your lab has a dip and dunk machine with preset push pull timings set in 1/3 or 1/2 stops and also allow for custom timings. I can't advise as to which would be better and it may depend on the subjects you shot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I've never requested a non-standard push before, but I guess it won't hurt to ask. It's a good lab that services a fair number of professionals.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by troym View Post
    Thanks. I've never requested a non-standard push before, but I guess it won't hurt to ask. It's a good lab that services a fair number of professionals.
    another idea would be talking to them and telling them what you did, they might actually have a set procedure for pushing e200 to 400

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin