Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,165   Online: 819

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I will post them mon for you Peter going home shortly
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Hi Bob,

I'd like to know the Fuji equivalents.

Regards,
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    If you are only running your own film I do not see any problem in what you are doing unless you are really trying to stretch out the chems.
    Bob
    No I'm replenishing according to Fuji's guidelines. I made up a litre of bleach and a litre of fix to start. After every batch of film I draw off the suggested amounts and replace with replenisher.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, everyone.

Nick, where do you obtain the Fuji chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got mine from a local place that buys/sells used mini-labs.

I think what happened is he got a bunch of chemicals from a lab when they switched over to a Frontier and he bought their old machine. He stuck the lot on Ebay with a lousy picture and no description. So I emailed him and turned out he was just a block away. His main interest was getting the store room empty. I walked out with a fair bit of C-41 and RA-4 chemicals for $25. He was happy and so was. It was a bit of a odd lot. No C-41 developer. But lots of fix and bleach.

I went to the Fuji-Hunt website and download all the documents and had to figure out how to convert stuff aimed at a four tank mini-lab to Jobo tanks. Easy enough when I figured I could skip the blix tank and just use longer bleach and fix steps.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Peter
    As promised here are the Fuji Cat numbers

Negacolour Dev - 816514-part A,B & C
    Negacolour Starter - 816469
    Negacolour Bleach - 821955
    Ultraneg Starter - 821952
    Negacolour Fixer- 822373

Nick, since we do not do large volumes of C41 on a consistant day to day basis we run one shot for our own piece of mind. If we were running C41 film on a regular basis we would probably replenish the bleach as it is so damm expensive.

I will post them mon for you Peter going home shortly
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if you need the starter Bob for just a Jobo process. Also, I wonder if you need a stabilzer or final rinse.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nick, since we do not do large volumes of C41 on a consistant day to day basis we run one shot for our own piece of mind. If we were running C41 film on a regular basis we would probably replenish the bleach as it is so damm expensive.
    My understanding was the bleach likes to be aerated. The main life problems are if you make a blix but normal bleach keeps.

At least I thought that was normal.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thats a good question Ron,
    I wondered about that too.
    When mixing fresh chems we use a starter basically to cool down the development , ie not running to agressively.* I know this is non tech talk but bear with me. Therefore the thinking is that using one shot chemicals is basically like preparing a working tank each and every time.
    I would love not to use the starter and would appreciate your thoughts/comments on using a starter for one shot C41 developing.
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I wonder if you need the starter Bob for just a Jobo process. Also, I wonder if you need a stabilzer or final rinse.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Nick
    My only problem with a replenished line is the chemical overflow from one to another and the affect of volumes of film on any chemical. I prefer the one shot mixture for the previous reasons and my percieved thoughts of byproducts of development screwing up the subsequent chemicals.

Ron , what do you think about one shot, vs a replenished line for the above reasoning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    My understanding was the bleach likes to be aerated. The main life problems are if you make a blix but normal bleach keeps.

At least I thought that was normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Thanks for the Fuji?Hunt product numbers!

-Peter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin