Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,843   Online: 1130

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The bleach and fix of any C-41 can be mixed with any C-41 as long as the times are appropriately adjusted based on the particular instructions.
    No! You shouldn't mix C-41RA fix with conventional fix!

Cheers!
    Dan Schwartz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan;

I said any C41 fix can be mixed with any C41 fix for use in a Jobo as in the original question. This is correct. This will work. I assure you, as long as you use the time adjusted for the mixture.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Ron, I can see someone trying to mix sodium thiosulfate fixer into the C-41RA ammonium thiosulfate solution...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, but it works. The C41 fixer uses Ammonium thiosulfate as does the RA fixer, but the RA fixer has added ingredients.

In any event, you can mix sodium and ammonium and RA + C41. The pH is what is critical and both fixers are at about the same pH.

As long as you use the standard C41 times or the longest times recommended by the slowest fixer, it will work just fine!

No problem whatsoever.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin