Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,401   Online: 1072

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Which Kodak C-41 chemicals for Jobo?

Exactly which Kodak-branded chemicals would I need to try my hand at C-41 in my Jobo?

So far, Calumet is the only supplier I can find that both lists in-stock status and is willing to ship. I've looked at the Kodak C-41 literature, but the product names they mention don't always exactly match the item names listed by Calumet. Any help in picking out what's needed from the Calumet listing would be much appreciated.

(Yes, I'm aware of the Tetenal kits.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flexicolor developer 1 gal, #192 7698
    Bleach III, 1 gal, #894 0801
    Stabilzer #856 8792

Stop, if needed is 2% acetic acid.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does he need the stabilzer now? How about a fix?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Many thanks.

Adorama lists the developer and bleach by those stock numbers, but not the stabilizer. They do show a C41 Stabilizer/Replenisher 5L (Kodak #8673170) and a Flexicolor Final Rinse and Replenisher 10L (Kodak #8136368). Is either an appropriate substitute?

And to follow up on Nick's point, they also show Flexicolor Fixer/Replenisher 5L (Kodak #1983550) and Flexicolor Fixer/Replenisher 5 gal (Kodak #1693837). Is either of those needed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, but I don't have a fix here and don't have the part # for it. The final rinse is necessary for all modern films, a stabilzer is needed for older films. The old stabilzer will work for all films, but the final rinse will only work with modern films.

So, you need a fix and final rinse or stabilzer, the choice of the latter two depends on the age of the film you are processing. The cutoff date was around 2000 or so, but more detail should be found on the EK web site.

The part # above is for Final Rinse not stabilzer. Sorry for the error in name.

The old stabilzer is less than 3% formalin in regular photo flo if you want to mix your own. I don't have the actual formula handy for it.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use the Kodak Flexicolor chemicals in the one gallon size as mentioned above as well as the Flexicolor fixer. The stabilizer makes 5L and I use that as well outside the Jobo tanks. The developer and fixer are relatively inexpensive but the bleach is a bit pricey. I get all mine from Adorama and they do ship UPS ground.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Owen
    I used the Kodak chems on the Jobo for years , very reliable, I now am switching to Fuji as they give me an account and have excellent customer service here in Toronto.
    If you are having any problems with getting the Kodak chems , I can provide you with the Fuji code numbers for Jobo one shot processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob are you one shotting everything? I replenish the Fuji bleach and fix.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Nick
    Yes, we do not replenish any chemicals on our Jobo's, never have, probably that is why we are expensive to some, but I have to say we do get repeate customers since we installed the Jobo in 94.
    If you are only running your own film I do not see any problem in what you are doing unless you are really trying to stretch out the chems.
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Bob are you one shotting everything? I replenish the Fuji bleach and fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bob,

I'd like to know the Fuji equivalents.

Regards,
    Peter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin